ibock99

Erie Rig Mold

I just bought a Do-it Erie rig mold off ebay, not to be confused with the Erie jig. This mold actually uses a wire, so you can add beads or spinners behind the lead head, and then put a hook on the back. I got it just because I have not been able to find another one anywhere online, and I am going to add them to my website. Has anyone done any of these, and could you recomend some colors. I live in S. Mississippi, and have never used this type of set up.

When I used to fish Walleye in MN, we used to use a lot of Chartreuse and White. Any other colors? Maybe pics of some of these type rigs?

Thanks,

KEVIN

I used to fish the IL river and the WI river a lot. All the colors you guys mentioned are right on . I personally have done really well with bright pink and flourescent orange. The walleye and sauger like these colors as well tipped with a fathead minnow. BTW can you post a pic of the mold? I am very curious on what it looks like, or I can PM you my e-mail if you would rather do that..............Thanks.

Edited by cadman

Hi Guys

The mold is "Erie Rig Mold"

Assorted Sizes

Model: ER-6-A

(Do-It)

All that is stamped on the mold.

Sizes 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 & 3/4 oz.

"use looped eye wire form WER-30A"

I have had it since about 1989 use 1/8 oz for a special "Brim Spinner" ...

If any one wants any made e mail me.

Sorry about not haveing a pic of it but SONY still has my Camera and my older one is without a good battery.

JSC

B)

I called a local Muffler shop that just happens to have some tackle and lure making supplies. He had some molds but was not sure what he had in that box. My dad had told me about the bait before he fished with it back in the 80's. I had read about the copyright stuff with Do-IT and the other company. Well long story short he had one and I bought it brand new for $20.

I called a local Muffler shop that just happens to have some tackle and lure making supplies. He had some molds but was not sure what he had in that box. My dad had told me about the bait before he fished with it back in the 80's. I had read about the copyright stuff with Do-IT and the other company. Well long story short he had one and I bought it brand new for $20.

You got a real bargin at 20 bucks.

For painting spinner baits ... pull a search and you will find tons of information on the subject.

JSC

On 4/22/2018 at 1:40 PM, smalljaw said:

It isn't a patent, it is a trademark or copyright that concerns names like "chatterbait" or "Erie Dearie".  Do-it will not have a problem with you calling your jigs the same as they do, the problem is with a bait like the Erie spinner mold and the pony head mold, the Erie spinner is discontinued but the pony head is still in production as there has been a long standing dispute between Blakemore and Do-it.  I believe those are the only molds you need to worry about, at least the only ones that I'm aware of.