jrav

Fabric Paint? (Scribbles, Tulip Slick, etc...)

Anyone ever tried to use this stuff (fabric paint) as a wood sealer/white base coat on balsa or basswood? I've used it on jigheads, dipcoated pencil sinkers with it, even on leather guitar straps and fishin' pack re-stitchings...it holds up well in all cases. Takes epoxy well, just wondering if it will actually do much for sealing a lure.

I know it can be thinned with water to dip stuff in, just not too thin, so it would have to be brushed on. Closest wood use I've come to is slathering it on a 2x10 that I use with a rod holder for a seat and it held up nicely over a season of river use. Seems to soak in on the cut ends, adheres nicely to the grain though it might need roughing to really get purchase to the wood.

Darn flexible, non-tox, and can handle a washer/dryer cycle no problem so it may have potential. Only problem is the slow drying of most of these products, not a mass-prod material despite it cheap price.

I searched, but cannot find much on this use for it, so I'll try it out on a few poppers. Beyond Devcon, I don't know what paints will work with it so anyone care to speculate on use/compatibility/feasibility of fabric paint on wood lures? Tough to find out what it is exactly, all I could find was a few generalizations and MSDS.

Anyone ever tried to use this stuff (fabric paint) as a wood sealer/white base coat on balsa or basswood? I've used it on jigheads, dipcoated pencil sinkers with it, even on leather guitar straps and fishin' pack re-stitchings...it holds up well in all cases. Takes epoxy well, just wondering if it will actually do much for sealing a lure.

I know it can be thinned with water to dip stuff in, just not too thin, so it would have to be brushed on. Closest wood use I've come to is slathering it on a 2x10 that I use with a rod holder for a seat and it held up nicely over a season of river use. Seems to soak in on the cut ends, adheres nicely to the grain though it might need roughing to really get purchase to the wood.

Darn flexible, non-tox, and can handle a washer/dryer cycle no problem so it may have potential. Only problem is the slow drying of most of these products, not a mass-prod material despite it cheap price.

I searched, but cannot find much on this use for it, so I'll try it out on a few poppers. Beyond Devcon, I don't know what paints will work with it so anyone care to speculate on use/compatibility/feasibility of fabric paint on wood lures? Tough to find out what it is exactly, all I could find was a few generalizations and MSDS.

Regular Createx was originally designed as a fabric paint.