matt duarte

1st trout swimbait

well i made a few cranks and stuff like that, that i never finished lol so heres a swimbait that i pretty much did finish.. all it needs is paint right now.. the action is amazing! it weighs about 4oz and its a surface/sub-surface... i call it the GREEN CRACK..

the start

pattern.jpg

all cut out

cutout.jpg

weighted...this craps no joke... breathing lead and burning your self all for a lure

weighted.jpg

and now its waterproof and ready for paint!

clearcoated.jpg

My wife had the camera last night so i couldnt take a video but i did toss it in my pool and let me tell you the action on this thing is unreal! Way more action than i thought it would have! I reeled it in slow and it acts like a wake bait, at meduim retrive it swims about 5 inches under the surface, and the one thing that amazed me is when i burned it in as fast as i possibley could.... It swam perfect! Never once rolled on its side! It swam prefectly true every time! Also took a good beating when i accidently casted past the pool onto the cement lol but it held up awesome...

i will be making a few more of these, this one is a surface/subsurface, i will also be making a slow sink and a fast sink. Also i have a shad swimbait thats in the works right now as well as some others..Shhhhhh! Haha i will be giving some of these to a few buddys to test out and put them to work...

thanks guys! i will post the vid as soon as i can! my wife keeps taking the camera..or doesnt trust me with it around water one of the two haha..

and yes the melting lead thing does suck especially when we were melting the weights in a spoon over the stove lol proly not the smart thing to do..

i call it green crack cause the name tripple trout was already taken haha just playing! i really dont know why i named it that...not sure if it will stay i just figured bass are green...and crack is addicting sooo i just put them together hahah maybe it will work out that the bass cant get enough of it..

I look forward to seeing the video now. :yay:

As I just mentioned in another thread, the weight placement has far less effect on how a swimbait swims then the joint placement and spacing.

I'm actually a bit surprised to hear that your bait swims well as the segments are spaced quite far apart. I think that the MOST crucial thing to get right on a swimbait is how long the front most body section is compared to the rest of the bait. There's definitely been times when this was the only factor in making or breaking a swimbaits action on some of my test baits.

Thanks for sharing your bait!