fish45

glitter

Check craft stores, or the make-up section...I wouldn't advise using nailpolish...it might react with the paints you are using. Some make-up sections sell just fine glitter to sprinkle, and this looks nice mixed in with the devcon coat. (my avatar has this). MAKE SURE TO get the finest dust you can, as the epoxy will cover it easiest, a beware of clumping.

Basicaly, Nail Polish is a Latex Enamel. (I Believe)

It would be fine to use on a lure, JUST A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE! Some of those Nail Polishes are VERY EXPENSIVE, ESPECIALLY with the glitter in it! (I have a household full of women... so I know!) With a Latex Enamel paint the biggest problem you will have is that it could very easily peel off. So if you make and error painting, just peel it off! Remember those who are married..... I know my wife has griped about getting a scratch in her nail polish and peeled it off. I did use a Nail Polish as a matter of fact to paint a few jig heads.... and it worked nice.

I AM NOT A FAN OF POLISH REMOVER!! A funny story off the subject. When I was a little boy I played hockey and I was a goalie. I painted my mask with nail polish. VERY VIBRANT COLORS. When I wanted to change my mask color, I used a polish remover, well the polish remover soaked into the mask sweat felt protectors and every time I wore the mask... I got HIGH AND SICK from the fumes. I get so sick every time I smell it now so my girls dont use that in my presence! :D

ANYWAY...

For my lures I went to the craft store and bought a bottle of Silver, Red Gold Glitter Paint bottles for like .87 cents a bottle for each one. This really is a Translucent paint with the glitter in it. Its clear, so you can lay a color underneath it and the glitter will be applied to it. I also believe that the kind that I bought is a Water Based Acrylic.... So you cant beat it! IMHO.

I also had regular glitter that I also purchased from the craft store for like .50 cents and as described above just added that with a paint brush to my first layer of Devcon clear coat. The only problem I had with all this is that the glitter adds a texture to the lure and did not make it "SMOOTH" So I really did 3 top coats to make it "BULLET PROOF"!! Hope that helps Cody