jrhopkins

swimbait video (prototypes)

thought i would make a couple of short videos of some swimbaits in the prefinish stage to show the action. the white bodies show up good in the darker water.

the first one is a surface swimmer, wake bait if i add a lip.

the second is a slow sinker. eventually it will be a Brook Trout. i'll post the finished pics when they are ready.

shot these by myself. one hand holding the rod, the other hand holding the camera and trying not to slip in the duck crap on the dock:mad:.

th_MVI_0618.jpg

th_MVI_0615.jpg

First, Snax paints so well, I burn down my garage.

Then, when I'm almost finished rebuilding it, you start posting your swimbaits, and out comes the gas and match set again.

It's a good thing I have no work right now, so I have plenty of time to rebuild it again. But I'm running out of steam.

Keep it up, John, and I may have to send someone to, um, err, ahh, adjust you point of view (I thought the duck crap would get you, for sure). :lol:

As usual, good looking baits, nice swim action.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Imagine how much I must hate him! lol

Ha,ha,ha!!! Nothing could be further from the truth and I'm probably his biggest fan. How can you not love his beautiful, incredible functional lures? To top it off he shows everyone exactly how he does it! What a guy. :worship:

John, you exemplify the spirit of TU and continue to set the standard for high quality and innovation. My hat is off to you sir.

John,

Looks great. Wonder how the first one would look for Saltwater trout? During the spring lots of big trout are caught on top water plugs like spook jrs, Spooks, and skitterwalks.

I have been repainting baits hoping to get in to the Laguna Madre wade fishing this weekend.

That bait's action looks a lot like a broken back easing thru the water. Any close up pxs of the bait?

Thanks,

Jim