finlander

metal cutting bandsaw blade

I could not find blades for my table top band saw, but I found a shop that made them up. I had to buy 30 metres worth. I bought a set of 14 wood cutting blades and 20 metal cutting blades for $135.

So I have enough blades to last a life time.

On that note, I find that the metal cutting blades better for cutting wood than the wood blades. Better finish and less wander.

This probably doesn't help you much, but is an option.

Dave

Pretty much any saw shop will make any blade you want, you just need to know the length and width and of course what pitch you want( they can help you on pitch for your application)

I run a 12'6" 1inch wide bi metal blade and it runs around $75

you can buy one at a time or 100 its up to you. I use expensive Blades they are double the cost of cheaper blades.

if you need the shop name let me know and I will get it to you. I've dealt with these guys for 18+ years and never had problems with blades or service. They are in AZ

I already have some dive lips snipped out for me by a friend in da U.P., but this is for some other projects as well as futire lure projects. I would like to use my saw rather than buying a smaller horizontal one. Thanks Del, I will think on it. I know where to find you.:wink:

Finlander. Yes, this is my fourth country since I joined TU, 2 Years ago. Sweden, England, Malaysia and now Indonesia.

I've just invested a large amount of cash on tools, so plan on being here for a couple of years.

Good luck with the saw blades.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman
finger trouble