jeep brah

airbrushing $$$$

I used testors paint brushes 15 years ago during college for painting cranks and was always surprised at the results. It was a cheap model that screws into the compressed air cans. I would fill the sink with hot water and go to town. I have another testor model with the cheap diaphram compressor that works ok also but the compressor wheres out quick. With the deals one can find I think you are best to just buy a decent brush and compresor.

I have been using an Iwata Eclipse HP-SPS for the past couple years and have absolutely no complaints with it's performance and overall value.

Do a search on airbrush in this forum to get recent threads about brands and cheaper alternative airbrushes. There are some that have been getting good reports from TU users and the price is very reasonable (less than $40) for a brush with good specs. (gravity feed, .2 to .35 tip, MAC air control valve, etc). Does price affect quality? Of course, and so does the brand. But that doesn't mean there aren't some good values available.

Edited by BobP

If you are looking for a deal and you get the sunday paper michael's has a coupon for 40% off one item. I bought a nice double action badger airbrush originally priced at 150 for around 90 about a month ago. Great airbrush at a good price. You might also want to try craigslist if it is available in your area. I also found a badger diaphragm compressor in excellent condition for 25. hope this helps

Edited by jfmustang1
added more info