macbor

Please help...Pop question!

I have made a fairly detailed mold, Goby head with a curly tail..

I have sealed it a number of time's 50/50 elmers and water

Just tried to pour and my plastic is sticking and taring the bait

Do I need to seal it better or take out some of the detail in the head

I love the bait, well at least I think I will love the bait, if I can get one to work

Any help would be great

Thanks guy's

Rich

Is the detail such that it "traps the plastic" ? Other that I'd say you don't have the part of the mold that sticks sealed. Are you painting or flooding? You don't have to use 50/50 if you're painting...that's what I use for flooding...you can use full strength for painting. Plastic won't stick to Elmers. If you're painting the mold you may try flooding it once to make sure the sealer is getting in every little nook of the mold. Good Luck.

macbor - You did't mention use of any sort of release agent. My 2-piece molds are sealed with epoxy. Before pouring I heat my molds to very warm, not hot, just warm enough that I can still hold them in my bare hands. THEN, I give each side of the mold a quick shot of kitchen grade PAM then turn them upsidedown on a paper towel for a minute or two for any excess to drip off. When pouring using PAM as a release agent, my lures lures drop right out. After several pouring I'll notice the lures are starting to stick a little, then I'll give the mold another quick shot of PAM. Works for me.

Agree!

Release agents (such as Original Fish Formula) not only insure release from fine / deep cavities, but give a nice glassy surface appearence to the lure. As long as the sealer was dry/ cured completely, sealer won't stick to the lure if release is used. Even brushed on Canola or veg oil works in a pinch and is polyunsaturated :teef:.

I have never needed a release agent on a pop mold if the mold surface is sealed adequately. If you have a place that plastic is sticking to or plastic has already stuck to it, clean that area well and re-seal the spot.

I have used garlic Pam spray before and do like the results but found it to much trouble in the long run, especially if doing a large number of baits.

Jim