Wade2be

Air brush and paint options?

First:

I have been doing some hardbait lure painting but have been doing it with spray cans. I would like to take the next step and purchase an airbrush and am not sure where to get a good one or what is a good one to buy. I would like to get it online. I plan on painting small crankbaits to large swimbaits. Please advise.

Second:

Once I get an airbrush what is the best kind of paint to use for painting baits. I have a friend who said that the automotive paint is the way to go but I am just not sure what to get or where to get it or if that is the best kind of paint. The last thing is what is the best type of clear coat to go with the paint?

Thanks Wade

i'm far from an expert but i have used several air brushes and this one works great. i just bought air pro tools 9000 <$40.00. i got information on this site, i think "hazmail" uses one and gave it good ratings. also they have a discount coupon for TU members. clint wilder is sales mgr that posted information. do a search and find the post. sorry for goofy looking typing, i'm one handed at this time due to rotator cuff surgery last week. btw createx paint is what i use as most others on this site