zman

painting blades ideas?

Hello everyone first of all let me say merry christmas and a happy new year to all! :tipsy:

My question is I am trying to come up with some ways to paint my spinner blades and I'm needing some ideas on how to set up a jig or something to do this anyone got any ideas I do air brush my jigs is that helps and I know I could do one at a time but I need to do more than one to save me some time.

I also need a idea on holding the blades so far can only think of nail in wood?:eek:

Has anyone out there no how some of the large companies do this.

I had an idea I'm still working on just been to busy about taking a vacuum forming machine (I'm also working on) making a copy of some blades then cutting (xacto knife) the lines I need then using it as a large stencil? :twocents:

here are some examples below.

hatchetblades.jpgcoloradoblade.jpg

these would be the hardest I think below?

blade.jpg

Edited by zman
adding pics

HELLO EVERYONE!

Sorry I did not get back sooner on this It just hit out of the blue at work the other day why not use magnetic tape? :drool:

Ive made a few forms to try out dont have pics yet then maybe this will help start some more thinking :yawn:

I figured while using the magnetic tape I can move the blades around where I need but yet be able to reuse :halo:

thanks will add more info as I go

merry Christmas and happy New Year:tipsy:

oh I still have plastic spinner blades for sale if anyone is interested I will post this in the other area

thanks

This is the way. Build your self a 3x3 frame out of scrap wood. or what ever dimension you want. Next find some chicken wire that has small square holes...it doesnt have to be chicken wire..can be be some thing like a screen but with bigger holes. Place over frame and staple. with wire snips cut wires and bend out towards you creating a hook (45 angle). Hang blades and spray away. I used to paint production spinner blades for fishlander sportfishing. My racks could hold 225 blades. One hour and they were done!

• Like 1

I used a small plastic butter lid filled it with silicone smoothed it flat to the depth of the lid rim. Then I let it set up for a while until it was firming. Placed the blades in a circle pressing just hard enough to make an impression. After it dried I could turn it loaded with blades paint remove the blades by the hole lay them to dry. Clean up of excess paint on the silicone was a breeze.

How about a bunch of rare earth or neodymium barrel magnets glued to a board? I get the rare earth mags in bags of ten about 1/4" dia and 3/4" long.

Not sure about your paint patterns, but things that come to mind are... stencil... already mentioned or sprayer mounted in CNC rig.

you have any links on the sprayer cnc items i can check out?