paulsvolks75

waterbased clear coat

I think this is the seal coat that is sold by CSI. I buy it by the gallon. It is not as hard as epoxy, but drys very clear and is resistant to plastic. I use it on jigs, jigging spoons, spinnerbaits and buzzbaits, and I am very pleased, so far. It is very user friendly, but I repeat not as hard as epoxy.

I've used it, don't like it at all.Its O.K. for a jig or spinner bait for yourself. But if you're sellin' or even giving away to friends, use the DN or the D2T. Its not only soft, its down right rubbery. Not a durable finish at all, and can react with some paints and/or primers.( this is purely my opinion from from experience with this product) I use DN on my cranks because its easily sprayed, and thinned D2T on my spinners and jigs. I actually prefer D2T but its just to much work and trouble when doing multiple cranks.(for me) Find a product that you like and go with it. But if your "name" or business is on the line, I wouldn't suggest the waterbased clear.:twocents:

Jay

creekmonster-thanks for the input im not selling my crankbaits they are strictly for me and a handfull of friends and family i like the idea of spraying on my clear it just seems like it would be faster to do multiples like you said plus i dont have a lure turner.what is the DN product your talking about i would like to try it out thanks again

paul

thanks to everyone else also sounds like its not a good product for cranks.i did buy some d2t tonight that i will try out tomorrow.

Dick Nite's clear lure coat. He had an add on this site ( banner at the top of page) you may have to look for it. Its a lacquer based clear so you need plenty of ventilation and a respirator. It sprays well and there's no need for a lure turner. However, you'll probably need one with the d2t, unless you do it by hand. good luck

Jay

DN = Dick Nite Fishermun's Lurecoat. It's a solvent based moisture cured polyurethane. You will often see a banner ad here on TU for Dick Nite. Click on it and you will be taken to a special discount page on the Dick Nite site for TU'ers. Do a search for lots more comments/advice on it.