bamabass

What colors do you guys want to see on crankbaits?

Hey guys

I am a custom crankbait painter and wanted some opinions from other fisherman. I am working on my website and I was wondering what colors I should include. I would like to hear your guys opinion on which colors you would like to see on crankbaits. Im very open to suggestions, so please feel free to list as many and specificaly, the colors you like

Thanks alot:yay:

I like craw designs in medium/dark brown with bright yellow, orange or red highlights for the spring. In summer, I switch to green craw with less obvious highlights.

Sunfish colors are so variable! But I feel many sunfish crankbaits are too brightly colored for the clear water conditions I often fish, so I like more subtle, blended colors on them.

Then there are the shad patterns. My fave is silver foil with an olive or black back resembling a threadfin shad or blueback herring. Just a bare touch of gold or yellow can sometimes help. And lastly, neon yellow blue back is optimal for stained water and for deep diving crankbaits. The 2 most popular shad patterns seem to be the Citrus Shad on Fat Free Shads and the Sexy Shad on Strike King baits. I like both but suspect Sexy will fade as bass become wary of seeing it on every bait lineup on the planet.