KcDano

Automotive Lacquer Primer

Hello fellow fisherman,

I am new to this board and I must say I am impressed with knowledge, craftsmanship and experience you people have here. I haven't crafted any baits from scratch as of yet, however, I have refinished numerous vintage baits to fish with. What I would like to know is, if any of you here have dipped lures in lacquer primer for a basecoat? I have used automotive acrylic enamel for the same purpose, with good results. Due to the time it takes the enamel to cure. I anm sure lacquer primer would expedite the process. One other thing where can one purchase those metal paint sticks.

Regards,

Dan

Do a search for Wildlife Artists Supply Company-(Wasco). Look for white wood sealer. The wood carvers use it for their work. I have had good results dipping or wiping on a coat or two, then light sand and sealer. This is a lacquer based product and seems to seal the wood fairly well. Also my color coats adhere to the stuff fairly well. Just let it dry long enough because like all lacquer based products it tends to shrink up as it dries.