matt duarte

can you tell what top coat this is finished with?

well went to this awesome tackle shop by my house. if any one live in the hemet area or is by diamond valley lake you must stop by you wont be dissapointed! i actually perfer this shop over bass pro shop! its called LAST CHANCE bait and tackle..

and i finally gave in and bought this 8"punker! and i was wondering if anyone knows what type of top coat is on this bait? doesnt feel real think like im guessing dt2 is ive never used etex or nu lustre but maybe you guys can tell... it seems thin not real thick, its shinny to

also maybe if any of you are in the riverside california area??? although it seem most of you are back east.. i would like to have someones air brush skills paint this bait for me... i mean a do like the pearl white it will work in stained or clear water but a custom painted bait would be awesome...

Edited by Spike-A-Pike
Rule 3 violation

are you talking about the wood baits like pictured above or the plastic ones for the top coat?

i saw one of there plastic ones at last chance..its not for sale but its on display.. and i would have to say that i like his wooden baits better... the plastic ones just look like anyother walk the dog bait on the market.. i think he should stick with the wood baits they look much better... hes getting them molded in china? why china he should of went with japan

ya i mean i dont care ill go with the flow it was just weird to me..everyother forum ive been on you can post pix in a thread... ive seen plenty of threads on here with pix in the thread that arnt links... so that must mean everyone has a infraction? lol

so what ill have to post like a photobucket link or something...

I guess I'm lucky I never did figure out how to post a picture to the forum. :lol:

It pays to be slow sometimes.

Matt, the injection molded plastic punker is much lighter than the wooden version, so it's got to be easier to work. Especially for the bigger ones.

I've made some big 9" wood punker knockoffs, and, while they glide like champs, they wear you out if you throw them for any length of time.

My best big glide baits are out of pine, so they ride higher in the water and are easier to work. And they're still a workout.

I hope this new plastic Punker is a rebirth of the big Pupfish. If it is, Jeremy's got a huge hit on his hands. Old Pupfish can go for $150 and up, if you can find someone willing to sell.

Edited by mark poulson