Jnolen

Anyone tried Color Shift paints from Spaz Stix?

Haven't tried that particular brand but I do use color shifting paints from Auto Air Colors on some of my baits. They look really good when clear coated and viewed in sunlight. You can get some incredible combinations by mixing the hue shifting paints together!

Haven't tried that particular brand but I do use color shifting paints from Auto Air Colors on some of my baits. They look really good when clear coated and viewed in sunlight. You can get some incredible combinations by mixing the hue shifting paints together!

Like which ones, and what effects? Inquiring minds want to know.

I've actually tried some of the Wildlife Flip Flop paints, and it was hit and miss. Mostly miss. Either I'm not doing it right, or the effect is too subtle for me to see. Or I'm blind! :eek:

Like which ones, and what effects? Inquiring minds want to know.

I've actually tried some of the Wildlife Flip Flop paints, and it was hit and miss. Mostly miss. Either I'm not doing it right, or the effect is too subtle for me to see. Or I'm blind! :eek:

Auto Air Gem Ruby, is one of my favorites. Gem Jade, is nice and I just ordered some of the Flair color. It ain't cheap so my hopes are high.

I have also mixed some of my own using Jacquard powdered products and Translucent Base, Duo Green-Yellow, Interference Violet, Interference Blue and Bronze (i think). This option is much more affordable and you can create some very subtle or bold highlites based on whether you spray them on clear lures, dark base coats or light base coats. The lighter the base color the more subtle the effect and more passes you will need to make.

I've used some of the flo colors from Spaz Stik with good results, I have some of their rootbeer color, and am having trouble with my clear coat making that color run. Haven't used any of the color shifter tho. As far as having the paint freeze, it is laquer based, so you should not have any concerns on that. Just my $.02

Scott

So these shifting paints don't do much over a clear lure or light colors, or do you just need to apply a few coats of it?

You can spray them over anything, but to get the true color shift intended, they have to go over black. Makes for a pretty dark bait though. You can get really cool effects with other dark colors. I like to spray them over dark greens, reds, and blues. The combinations are endless. Over light colors, you get more of a standard pearl effect. I've found though, that it's much cheaper to add dry pearl pigment to clear base for those effects.

• Like 1

You can spray them over anything, but to get the true color shift intended, they have to go over black. Makes for a pretty dark bait though. You can get really cool effects with other dark colors. I like to spray them over dark greens, reds, and blues. The combinations are endless. Over light colors, you get more of a standard pearl effect. I've found though, that it's much cheaper to add dry pearl pigment to clear base for those effects.

agree 100%