paulsvolks75

what are you using to hold lure??

ive seen some pics in the gallery of a tool that some people are using to hold their lures during the painting process but not sure what it is.It looks like an Exacto knife?? im using small alligator clips but would like to find something that holds better than that.Was thinking fly tying vice but really want to set up 4-6 lures at a time. Any help would be great thanks again.

paul

You guessed it, an exacto knife. although its not the only thing. I recall a couple of folks making their own holders. I use the knives (or handles)mostly but sometimes I use alligator clips. I drill a hole in a wooden dowel and wedge the clip in it creating a "handle". It depends on the lure. Dick Blick art supplies offers them in bulk, they're not "exactos" but its pretty much the same thing.

You guessed it, an exacto knife. although its not the only thing. I recall a couple of folks making their own holders. I use the knives (or handles)mostly but sometimes I use alligator clips. I drill a hole in a wooden dowel and wedge the clip in it creating a "handle". It depends on the lure. Dick Blick art supplies offers them in bulk, they're not "exactos" but its pretty much the same thing.

THANKS i went to dick blick's web sight they have the handles for $1.65 each.ive been doing exactly what you described with the dowel and clip but wasn't happy with how well it held the lure.Thanks again :yay: