robertjp

Envirotex lite issue

Since I started trying the Envirotex, 1 issue I have yet to resolve is after it dries I keep getting a drip where the stuff settled.(usually the lowest point) I keep it on the drying wheel 2+ hours. Is that not long enough? Will the hairdryer technique fix this drip problem? I dont want it melting the whole area or is it too late after it dries. I never had this problem with devcon since most of the time it was dry before I could even get it to the wheel. Bob P

Hi Bob, it is my opinion that you should leave your baits on the drying wheel longer. I usually leave mine on for about four hours. I think that after only two hours the finish could still sag. Just my opinion but I think if you give it a try you will agree. Thanks and good luck. :lol:

Ken Schmitz Mylures

Hi Robert, When I mix a batch I use a plastic syringe I got from Jann's NetCraft so I get equal amounts. I am sure you could get a plastic syringe from a Vet animal service or somewhere. I even found plastic syringes in one of those ink refill kits for printer cartridges. You need to use two syringes, one for the resin and one for the hardner. Make sure you use the same syringe for the resin and the same syringe for the hardner each time. I marked the resin and hardner. Hope this helps you out and good luck. Ken Schmitz :lol: Mylures

Hi Bob,

I use small plastic cups for measuring the resin and hardener. They are about a ounce and a half each. Fill each cup and dump into a paper coffee cup for mixing. This mix will do about 10 -8 inch jerkbaits. Available a Sams or Walmart. I use small wooden sticks made like tongue depressors , only smaller, for mixing. Available at any craft store. If you want to cut drying time to 4 hours and 2 coats instead of 4 , try Crystal Sheen. It is made by the same company that makes Envirotex.

you can put only one coat on if you let it set a while.it will thicken up some this way.keep a close eye on it though and stir often.For some reason if you leave it in the cup to long it will get real hot and harden really fast.If you let it sit to long it may not level it's self out.Try it just keep a close eye on it.Stir if it is geting hard to fast :lol:

I have used ET for my muskie cranks, and put them on a rotissierre motor. It IS in a colder room than the rest of the basement. I seem to do this in the evening and have left it spinning for no more than 3 to 4 hours. I don't trust the wiring in This Old House nor the motor which God knows is how old(?). A second coat of ET is added after the first has completely set up. One other Michigan muskie nut says a tooth can't penetrate a lure with 2 coats of ET Lite. Can't imagine 4 coats.