Jwags

Airbrush Problems

I've been using my Badger 150 airbrush for about a year and a half now and I'm experiencing some problems with it. I'm having trouble getting it to pick up paint and when it does, I get the splatter effect. Also, it blows bubbles around where the tip threads on. Is this just a problem with the washer on the tip wearing out? Can anyone give me some advice on what I need to do to fix it? (if it happens to be something other than the washer)

I did do some adjusting to the pressure from my compressor (also a badger) prior to these problems. Is it possible that I need to adjust the air pressure again or could it be a coincidence?

jeremy

Airbrushes are simple and straightforward. If the needle and nozzle are not damaged, the siphon tube and internal paint channel on the front of the brush are not clogged, and you are generating enough psi, it will run OK. You might try soaking the disassembled brush overnight in some airbrush cleaner to loosen any clogs. If you run water down the siphon hole and get a steady stream out the tip (when disassembled) it's clear. Most brushes will bubble through the threads on the screw-on tip a little when shooting a soap solution unless you seal the threads with bees wax. But I don't think minor leakage through the threads is your problem.

I've been using my Badger 150 airbrush for about a year and a half now and I'm experiencing some problems with it. I'm having trouble getting it to pick up paint and when it does, I get the splatter effect. Also, it blows bubbles around where the tip threads on. Is this just a problem with the washer on the tip wearing out? Can anyone give me some advice on what I need to do to fix it? (if it happens to be something other than the washer)

I did do some adjusting to the pressure from my compressor (also a badger) prior to these problems. Is it possible that I need to adjust the air pressure again or could it be a coincidence?

jeremy

WALLEYED HERE. TRY A SMALL AMMOUNT OF BEESWAX AROUND THE THREADS ON THE TIP TO ELIMINATE THE BUBBLES . HAS WORKED FOR ME.