Lili Man

Clone of the Clone part 1

10 posts in this topic

Once again, you've nailed it. That thing swims so sweet!!!!!! :worship:

A word of warning. Do NOT throw that when there are Osprey in the area. Or do, and have fun when they dive on it. I know it's mean to tease, but, sometimes, it's so much fun.:lol:

nice action... with this feather lite do your have mold for each piece and screw in eyes after its hard ?

and how much weight is needed for this material to sink?

Thank You all for the nice comments. The feather lite is the Casting material. The oomoo is the molding compound I used myself to create the molds. I did make separate molds for each segment. The master mold will be a one piece mold for all segments. Eye? Do you mean the segment connections? There are no eye screws used! Everything is set in mold before pouring. I think that was your question. As far as the weight needed to sink...I like Top Water Baits....But will let you know when I make it a sinking version.

Lili, I'm impressed- very, very nice natural action, even slow, which is the real test- keep up the good work .pete

nice to see someone using a thru wire construction!

most people here seem to like screw eyes..

wut kind of pin are you using to keep it together o yea is it also inserted in the mold or is there a piece in the mold tht putts the hole for a pin thru the plank

RClark12,

Thanks. I did not use wire for the baits. I did use stainless steel cotter pins for the first few baits that were embeded in the mold material. The screw eyes cause to much space between segments IMHO. The work well for MS Slammers, but always pull out eventually. The next generation baits I make will have the door hinge style joint connectors.

i believe i will try the door hinge style... how do the cotter pins stay in a would think youd have better luck with screw eyes