robalo01

A good lure to start with?

@ robalo01

Guess , you should make your decision after your own personal fishing demands , are you fishing deeper or more shallower waters ?

But after my own experience it is easier to successfully build shallow diving and medium diving crankbaits and minnow lures rather than deep running ones !

There are a few models around , that can be turned on a lathe , but in general I'd say , that such a round , spindle shaped blank is not the very best body shape for a crankbait , it often tends to roll too much for my taste , but this also depends on lip size , location and angle , oval or flat cross-sectioned ones are superior in my opinion .

If you really don't have any idea , I'd suggest to browse through the gallery and see , whether you could get some first input in there .

You might also check Lurebuilding 101 , it's a Dutch site , but English version available , not quite sure , but apart from glider jerkbaits there might be some describtions on crankbaits there as well .

good luck :yay:, diemai