hazmail

Kayak fishing, latest rage here.

Kayak fishing in fresh water is a blast and the fishing can be pretty good... and if a monster (36" pike) gets a slice of you, well that's just part of the thrill of the hunt.

BUT, kayak fishing with a 5 meter shark would seem to indicate that someone is pint low in the common sense compartment of the brain housing assembly. JMHO So, what time is the next "show"?:popcorn:

My next project will be a 9' kayak bait. I don't think Balsa would hold up very well, but If I were to make it of Paulownia and wire it with a heavy gauge harness it could work.

What color was the kayak that the shark knocked over? I think I will paint it like that but I might add a kill spot and a bit of red under the nose or tail of it. No eyes, just a blind kayak.

It will be difficult to cast so I might just drag it behind the boat like they do with the baby seal silhouettes,

What is the biggest Siwash hook that I can get?

I will post a video once I get it finished.

Looks like the link has gone, try here:

LIVE Footage: Great White stalks kayakers & fisherman in Sydney , Australia - Truveo Video Search

OR do a 'TRUVEO, search for 'shark kayak'.

There has been a bit of hysteria here in the past few days with this video, and a guy being taken in Perth, I think people are even seeing sharks at Ayres Rock ?? All the beaches are covered with food (humans) being the Christmas holidays.

I still can not believe those guys, its only a matter of time before a kayak is mistaken for a big seal, which is their favourite food around here. pete

I havnt been around in a long time but if you guys ever have any questions about Kayak Fishing give me a shout. Ive been doing it for 10 years and for the last 3 have run a Fishing Specific Kayak Dealership. We deal in all the major manufactures. You can also see more information about the sport on some of our sites:

There are about 150 more but those have the most info

Edited by redg8r
Links removed.. read the rules

Plenty of it going on around here. I fish out of a 12'.......mostly for stripers and flounder but tried for brown sharks once. Didn't get any....not 100% sure how I'd have felt about it if I got one, but they were around, i could see them chasing bait nearby. I use light tackle though, I'd probably never have gotten one in if it was bigger than 4'.

I havnt been around in a long time but if you guys ever have any questions about Kayak Fishing give me a shout. Ive been doing it for 10 years and for the last 3 have run a Fishing Specific Kayak Dealership. We deal in all the major manufactures. You can also see more information about the sport on some of our sites:

There are about 150 more but those have the most info

Sorry Jerry, All I saw in the latest version of the rules was the Linking in Signature, not in posts. Figured since those sites are only about Kayak Fishing and not Tackle Making it would be OK. Guess not.

If anybody wants any of those Kayak Fishing Specific sites or any info you can PM or Better yet Email me. cj@oexcalifornia.com

I have 8 years of kayak fishing experience and am on the Confluence (Wilderness Systems/ AT Paddles) Pro Staff. I do guide trips, seminars, classes, rigging, and anything else you can think of on the kayaks.