Everettelee

Night time spinnerbait Junkie

I'm looking for others with this addiction, I've been fishing them for about 20 years and been making my own for about as long. I'm always on the hunt for new blades and wire to try. To me there is no better feeling than to feel the thump of a #5 blade and then the savage strike they produce. I've tried Hildebrandt, Pickens, Ultra-Vibe, Emerald, Lazer, Diamond, Hawg Caller, and countless no name brands. I'm looking to stock up this winter , has anyone got any that they could recommend, and suppliers to get them from. Are there any new wires on the market for more vibration and shake. I really like .035 S.S. mig wire because it's easy to come by and easy to straighten.

I mainly go for in-line Musky spinners and use Hagen's #8 Indiana fluted blades, Stamina Fire Tiger Designer #4 & #5 and Regal Finish #5 & #6 French blades. The wire of choice is .041" min, .051" normal, and .062" on some larger designs; all in stainless steel.

Last year I started making in-line buzz baits for Northern Pike and Muskies. I the limited time on the water, I had no problem getting some of the largest Pike in several years. This year should allow my more time on the water.B)

I'm looking for others with this addiction, I've been fishing them for about 20 years and been making my own for about as long. I'm always on the hunt for new blades and wire to try. To me there is no better feeling than to feel the thump of a #5 blade and then the savage strike they produce. I've tried Hildebrandt, Pickens, Ultra-Vibe, Emerald, Lazer, Diamond, Hawg Caller, and countless no name brands. I'm looking to stock up this winter , has anyone got any that they could recommend, and suppliers to get them from. Are there any new wires on the market for more vibration and shake. I really like .035 S.S. mig wire because it's easy to come by and easy to straighten.

I've used some blades that are called magnum willow blades that give off more thump than any other blades I've ever used. They are kind of rounded and not like your typical willow leaf blade. I'm sorry but I just can't remember where I got them. JIM

I have found that in our smallmouth waters here, That when you put a bigger or thumpier blade on you get alot more blade hits and misses. Even though I use owner hooks and trailer hooks. The best night time bait here is a 3/8 oz single spin #4-5 max and a huge black musky size skirt with alot of bulk. This combo will win most every night tournament here in the right hands.

I even started making SB with a #6 treble where the swivel normally goes and put the single colorao up on the shaft/clevis so the blade would spin around the hook. I was catching fish on the blade. :yes:

But the fish were getting tore up when hooked on the main hook and the treble was ripping slices in their back etc. :( So I quit that.

Thats right... I was freaking guys out when I told them " I make spinnerbaits without swivels" :lol:

I prefer #4.... They come through the weeds better and have plenty of vibes for fish to locate. Think about this... Anything and everything a fish eats makes less noise than any #4 colorado blade makes. :yay: Some fisherman think that if they can feel it thump better, They will catch more fish. A good #4 colrado, good BB swivel, and a stiff frame will pull all the biting fish in the area.:yes: