dino

spoons anyone?

I do them with transparent acrylic airbrush paint over bare metal or holographic scale tape. Clearcoat with Dick Nite polyurethane and they seem to hold up OK. As long as the clearcoat lasts, the paint will stay in place. I've also coated spoons with Devcon 2 Ton epoxy but the Dick Nite is clearer, thinner and easier to use (just dip'em and hang'em). If you're doing an all-over paint job, a white metal primer would promote adhesion but be sure you let it dry thoroughly before painting.

@ dino

Please check my post in the thread "infos for painting big musky blade" by Helmout .

So I won't have to write my statement two times , lol !

Do a search on term "painting spoons" , you should find it then !

Apart from painting I also cover my homemade spoons with reflective decal foil , holographic foil or glitter flakes .

Spoons made of stainless steel sheet I sometimes also heat to red glow with a soldereing torch , this results into a dark blue/purple /brownish color , that particulary works well in clearer water .

I have uploaded some of my spoons in the gallery here(also painted ones) , but it was quite a while ago .

Still found those three pics in my file , these are showing homemade spoons decorated with metal glitter flakes(6 "shoehorn style") , holographic scale foil(3 "slim style")and SSt heated to glow(large lure on top with two beaded eyes) , the smaller one on that pic was painted black and plated with scale foil .

If you should have further questions , feel free to post !

good luck , diemai

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

Img0196-1.jpg

SLIM_07.jpg

LEUPL

3985_thumb.attach

3986_thumb.attach

3987_thumb.attach

Edited by diemai
Text addition

Thanks everyone! I think that i'll go with the Dick Nite paints.that web site is pretty helpful. as far as spoon blanks go the only ones i've seen that looks like ones that work well around here are made by STAMANIA. anyone now of any other blank manufacturers Happy New Year:tipsy:

@ dino

I know about Lakeland Incorporated: Spinner Blades, Casting Spoons, Fishing Tackle Components as a manufacturer of spoon blanks and blades and :-:-: Lure Making :-:-: The Official LureMaking.com Website | Tackle Components | Lure Components | Lure Making Information | Lure Making Supplies as a Canadian mail order store stocking a couple of these items .

happy new year , diemai