jrhopkins

pvc board for lure bodies

have had a few people inquire about the pvc board i use that i get at Lowes.

it has no manufacture label on it and the display at Lowes has no info on who makes it. next time i go to Lowes i'll ask if they can get that information for me and you guys can search for it.

Etch asked for the info and since my private message box was full i couldn't respond.

thanxs J.R seems like you guys state side can get it at homies, lowes etc, i have searched all the homies here and the ronas, nadda,. up next is lowes , thanxs for helping

Etch

the stuff sold at Home Depot is VINYL. hard as a brick and i doubt you could carve it. i'm going to Lowes tomorrow and i'll see what info i can get.

Unless i,m way off base here isn,t the stuff you guys are using the same as PVC decking,that can be used instead of wood on your deck. It,s poly vinyl &^%$ and wood dust mixed together ,right? Etch you should be able to get ahold of some where you are try calling your local handy man-deck builder guy and see if he,s got a piece left over from a job. Jimbo

The stuff I found at my local Home Depot in the trim board section is very easy to carve. It does have a hard "shell" around it like you describe J.R., but once trimed off on the table saw, It is very ease to work.

TJ

that sounds like the same stuff. home depot here doesn't sell it.

keep your blade sharp as it dulls blades quickly. i use a utility knife and buy stanley blades in the 100 pack.