Nathan

Missouri 09 get together

Hey guys...the last weekend in April will be here before you know it..This years event will run from Thurs. April 23rd and run through Sunday April 26th.I'd like too get some sort of head count..If you'll be attending post here and let me know...

It will be hard too top last years,but I'm sure we can do it..!!Deb. and I are really looking forward too seeing you guys again..Nathan

Edited by Nathan
Date change

Count me & Mrs. redg8r in.

Will we have access to that private lake again this year?

Man I'm serious, the action on that lake is as good as, or possibly better than some of the famed lakes here in Central Florida.

nice healthy, hungry, largemouth..... an excellent spot to test the fruits of our labor. It's rare for me to grow tired of catching fish, but after a couple dozen, I stopped counting & I know most of the other guys outfished me.

Coley, We'll keep you dry this year, I promise ;)

Nate, any ideas on an itinerary? or you wanna wing it? I know you planned to include alot more how-to & luremaking techniques last year, but the bite on the water was too good to pass up.

Also should we book a trip to Davids spincasting facility? maybe a trip to Shorty's hook warehouse? I promise to not lock the keys in the truck this year :huh:

If KCDano is coming he better bring some extra homebrew, he makes a stellar brew.

I'm tellin ya, the genuine fellowship & incredible amount of information that was exchanged last year was humbling. I learned so much & that's coming from a guy who is somewhat jaded & seen alot.

Gene (Lincoya) should teach shop professionally, he is a talented carver & a great mentor.

For those of you who are interested, there are pics posted from last years event:

Tackleunderground Home - Luremakers Photo Gallery - Clinton, Missouri 2008

Anything you need Nathan, contact me.

Jerry

I plan on making it this year.

Is it o.k. if i bring the better half if shes available and we can ship the kids off a couple of days???????

Either way,im in.:)

Do we bring any of our tools and stuff with us????

Are we doing any pouring of jigs?????

Carving crankbaits?????????

Pond with fish?????????

Drink a couple of beers and shoot the ****????????

Im leaving now..................:teef:

Jerry,

We will definatley fish those ponds again this year...I hope we get into some of the crappie this year..The average is just under 2lbs apiece!!! We catch them on bass size crankbaits!!!As for a Itienary,I will probably throw a loose one together as the time gets closer..but as a whole,we will wing it..I will see about taking you guys too shorty's on Friday..(they are closed on the weekend)..

Yankee,you and your wife are more than welcome!!As for what too bring....don't worry about tools I've got that covered..just bring what you'd like too show and tell with!!

I'll get a list of the hotels up in a day or two..Nathan

Nathan - Regrettably, I will not be able to make it (money) this year. Can you say hi to the girls at the Hampton Inn for me, they really looked after Phil and I, although I still don't think some knew where we were from (laugh).

Hope this does not sound like an add, but they were really nice people, as were all those at the 08 meet, I'm really going to miss all that hospitality, sleeping on the couch, fishing in the rain, 'grits', factory tours, break and enter 101, the ribbing, oh yeah, and Dano's Brew.pete

Edited by hazmail

Can you say hi to the girls at the Hampton Inn for me, they really looked after Phil and I, although I still don't think some knew where we were from (laugh).

I was at the same hotel & man those ladies were swooning over Pete & Phil.

The foreign accents......... need I say more.

Well miss you there Pete, it was fantastic spending time with a talented luremaker such as yourself.

Hi all

Sadly like Pete I can't make it over for this years meet :cry:. The financial state of the UK is deeply depressed at the present time and will not permit this year but hopefully 2010 may be different. I can endorse all Pete's comments and whoever attends they wont go far wrong with the Hampton Inn. I shall be with you all in spirit though :yay:.

Dan, you'll have to put a few bottles of your 'special' aside for a year and maybe we'll sample a 'vintage' in 2010.

I was planning on being there also with my wife. I have a lot of questions, but I'll start out slow. This is my first time there so bear with me. What do we need to bring, as far as fishing goes. Is this shore fishing? Do you need a license? As far as custome tackle. Are we to bring some of our custom tackle to swap with others and their custom tackle? Is everyone going to do a show and tell on how they make their own special lures/techniques? I just want to be prepared, so I don't come in empty handed. I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes along, but these are just a few..........Thanks......Ted.

Cadman,

You and the Mrs. are more than welcome!!..The fishing we do is all from shore..as far as a license goes..yes it is required,but that is up too you about buying one....the area we fish is on private property.You can get a 3 day license for pretty cheap.

Most guys bring some lures too trade..that is strictly up to you,but I guarantee,you'll leave with some of the finest baits ever made!!!

If you have a certain thing you'd like too demonstrate we'd love too see it..You'll learn a bunch from "Show &Tell time"!!..Nathan

Well, count me and Linda in! We haven't missed one yet. We always have a great time. Nathan and Deb are great hosts and take good care of you while you are there. Well, for the first five minutes anyway. Not my critique, just their rule. For the first five minutes your there you are a guest. After that you are family.

We will have some lure building time. So, bring your tools if you want to. We usually swap lures but it's not required. If you have some excess items that you want to share or don't need or want anymore, bring them. I'm sure that someone can use them. Don't forget to bring your questions. We're not all professional lure makers but I'm sure someone there will be able to answer your questions.

We will fish some. Nathan usually gets us permission to a great private pond that has an abundance of fish in it. You have to walk the bank and in some places that can be difficult. Oh, swimming is optional and not necessary to catch fish.

Pete, I'm still around. I just don't post much. I'm sorry that you and Phil can't make it this year but, I understand. It was great meeting both of you and spending time visiting with you after the meet. I promise that you both will be greatly missed.

Nathan has a nice sized shop with plenty of room for us to meet in. There is plenty of parking space, too.

Gene

Don't let Gene fool you guys...he has probably forgotten more about wood working than most of us will ever know..10 minutes around him will shave 6 months off your learning curve!!!....Gene,Deb. has a chocolate on your and Linda's pillow already..Nathan

It's a long story..I'll explain when I see you...It's always been the last weekend in April anyway..I should have left it that way in the first place..So we are back where we started... last weekend in April..your going to be here aren't you?..Nathan

Nathan,

The date change doesn't affect me. I plan on being there, with my wife. I plan on bringing something for all you guys to remember me by. However my wife wants me to make pink spinnerbaits, for all you guys, to see which one of you will be gutsy enough to fish with it on a regular basis and giving it to your wife/girlfriend to fish doesn't count. One catch though, if you catch your state record fish, you have to give her credit for the idea. PS......... just between us guys, it won't be pink spinnerbaits, I'll guarantee it. See you in April, and hoping to match names with faces. I'm sure we'll chat more as things develop.....Ted(Cadman)

Edited by cadman