Jump to content
Multiple Swimbait questions. need help please.
2 replies to this topic
Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:03 PM
Hello my name is andrew, i lan to make some swimbaits before winter is over, ut before i begin i hace a few quetions.
-What kind of joints do i use to connect the parts
-what kind of epoxy do i use.
-is thre a general weight setup that will work most of the time, or will i just have to experiment.
-Is there ceartin kinds of paint involved?
Please and thankyou!
Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:50 PM
Welcome to TU.
A ton of information has been written on this subject in the last few months. I suggest you use the search function at the top of the page. Select advanced search, type in 'swimbait' and select hard baits forum. Read up the plethora of information. Then search on specific words like 'hinge' 'door hinge' 'joints' 'swimbait balast' etc. Then come back and ask specific questions.
This way you are much more likely to get good responces. The questions you have asked would take much effort to type out, especially as it has already been covered.
Good luck and I look forward to your questions.
Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:15 PM
The optimal swimbait in my estimation should therefore have the following attributes:
1. A tapered body as a real fish has when viewed from above or below with concave body segment faces facing forwards into the direction of movement.
2. Sufficient number of body segments to allow for fluid motion.
3. Free swinging range of motion but minimal ability to twist out of line
4. Either a very supple, flexible tail or joint right at the tail
5. Weighting mostly in the front section and perhaps also some in the next but the rest left unweighted for less resistsance on the hinges.
6. Hooks placed so that they do not interfere with the joints or hang up on any fins.