Jump to content
what kinds of paint
4 replies to this topic
Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:02 PM
just wanted to get a feel for what brands of paint everyone used whether its createx, auto air, house of kolor and which is the best for painting lures.
Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:21 PM
I use Createx. I'm pretty happy with it because it's easy to find, easy to use, and easy to clean up. However, I'm getting jealous of some of the paintjobs others are doing using pearl powders...
Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:42 PM
I use any airbrush acrylic latex interchangeably, depending on what strikes my fancy for lure colors. Createx is a good basic palette but somewhat limited. I like to add some Smith Wildlife and other brands so I can keep painting without custom mixing a bunch of colors.
Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:13 PM
I personally like the Createx Autoair colors but they are pricey. The standard line will do most bait combinations on the market. I have used a lot of different types of paint such as vinyl, powder, enamels, etc. Nothing is as easy and forgiving as Createx. (my opinon).
Here are some ideas to concider:
1. Watch your airbrush...keep it clean! clean between coats and color changes. This will make things much better.
2. Try to work between 20 psi and 30 psi. Regulator and dryer is necessary (when humid)
3. Mix your createx with 4010 reducer at 25%.
4. Work in at least 55~60 degrees F.
5. Don't over apply the blends...the final appearance will be enhnaced w/ epoxy coat
6. Work with Transparent colors, I dont particularly like the opaques except for black, white, yellow
7. KEEP LISTENING TO THESE GUYS/GALS...THEY ARE FULL OF INFO!!
Hope this helps and hang in there...it is worth the effort.
Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:56 PM
wildlife colors, WASCO's house brand, c-tex, auto-air, van dykes, aqua brand. That's all I can think of right now.