braveviper

always volcanoes!

Just a paper one will help. Even your computer paper will be better. The holes in most filters are large to let a larger volume of air threw. Like the coffee filter the holes are to large but are to allow the water to filter threw them. It takes a little longer to let the water drip threw paper. The small brown lunch sacks are my favorite. But the performance of the printer paper is close to the same just thiner.

Bruce, you might want to try vacuum cleaner bags. I saw a post on here about that said it worked very well. I have one that I made and one that I bought and the one I bought works better. You could just buy a couple cups and get by that way, just adapt them to your setup. I've looked high and low and can't find the same filter that TJ's uses for theirs. JIM

ok, thanks for all the help guys...the computer paper did the trick! For anyone attempting to make a fluid bed listen up. For the bottom of the fluid bed I used a hot glue gun to attach some lexan. This was key because it took multiple tries to get the membrane right. when it didnt work I simply cut the bottom off with a knife and tried again( and again).Petsmart has an aquariam filter on sale for 17 dollars the rest of the hardware was from home depot.total cost was someplace around 40$