B and D Lures

Paint Problem

I am having a problem with spray painting my lures. This may be a stupid question, but here goes.

Recently when I spray on a color(acrylic paints)the paints goes on the lure in small dots. At first I thought it was the paint, so, I thinned it and mixed it extremely well, but it still happened. Next, I took my Paache spray gun apart and soaked it in water to remove any paint that may have dried. No luck. Next, I took the gun apart and cleaned it with paint thinner solution, but with negative results. I don't know what else to do.

Can anyone help? There may be a simple answer to this problem, but I sure as heck can't figure it out. Thanks.

Guys, I am spraying in my basement(cooler than the house) at 30 psi.

I am spraying wooden lures. It is usually on top of a base coat(white) or a coat of lacquer. I tried spraying on a piece of cardboard and when the paint hit the cardboard, it started in small dots. I would have to keep going over the object several times to get the desired result. Thanks in advance.

Trouble shooting is a pain in the @$$ aint it dude? Enough to make you cry sometimes. My first thought was like VMAXX, pressure. But 30psi is more than enough. My next thought was like funnyfarm. This problem will definitely do it. Check the bottom of your pressure tank for a drain plug. If that isn't it, then we are getting into what you do to prepare the wood and the differnt types of paints that you are using.

Skeeter

I don't mean to be a smart %$# here but you said you used acrylic and lacquer on the same lure.. I've never been to successful doing that..

if you start with lacquer you should stay with it ..I'm not much on acrylics

they seem to have to many problems.. when I try to layer them..

bumps in your primer are sometimes cause by shaking the paint till it becomes over ingested with air..if you using it through your air brush I would tinker with the air to paint ajusting screw.. and maybe lower the pressure..

It can be a pain..but once you figure it out..it will become clear what works best..

littlebear