BassMadness

The Right Airbrush

So I am just getting started painting crankbaits. I picked up the badger 150 today but for 25 dollars more I could have got the itawa BCS airbrush. I have not used the badger yet and can still take it back. What one would you guy recommend? Any help would be good.

Thanks,,

Edited by BassMadness

BM- Try googling or 'searching' TU 'PS900 Airbrush', you should find something @ about $38, you need to use a code to get it at that, the code is 'bigfish1'. There was a thread about these on TU about 6 weeks back. FleaBay also has similar brush (with all the fruit) at a similar price. pete

If you are choosing between the Badger and the Iwata, spend the $25 and get the Iwata. Better brush, period.

Otherwise, go to the site Pete mentioned. Those air brushes are Iwata knock offs, and they work well.

Just be sure the brush you get is a two stage brush, with both air and paint controls, and has Teflon seals, so you can clean it out with Acetone once in a while, or spray solvent based paints, without ruining your seals.

Edited by mark poulson

I have both and used the Badger for the last two years. Just bought the Iwata Revolution for $88 at a local supply store with a 3.5mm tip. Wow, what a difference for fine lines. Iwata all the way.

Parts are also much more plentiful nowdays. Badger is having a hard time getting dealers and I am tired of sending my Badgers in for fixing. The internal seal can only be replaced by the manufacturer.

go4bas

I couldn't disagree more. I have 3 Badger 150's and 3 Iwata's and I'll take the 150 over the BCS any day of the week.

I shoot 100% solvent base to the tune of 2000 or so baits a year.

I am absolutly brutal on my airbrushes and for the money my 150's take the abuse better. There much more versatile IMO as well.

Parts are easy to get from Dixie for either one.The only parts Ive ever needed for my 150's are check valve needle and "O"ring- and I soak my guns in lacquer thiner quite often.

I have 150's that are 8 years old and have yet to have to replace an inner seal (if there is one)

I just recently got one of the Knock Off's Pete Put the info up for and i have to say i am pretty impressed.

Regards,

Blades

I've been away for a bit, just started living in the basement again painting cranks. Just purchased what appears to be a knockoff of the Iwata HP-C with 2 needle sizes; 0.3 and 0.5 mm)from NBI Marketing. $30 delivered. Its a step down from the Master Model shown above. I have an Iwata HP-B and Badger Anthem. The Badger is in a box now.

Thanks to BobP and other generous members of this forum for numerous painting tips and the recommendations on the Iwata's and the knockoff noted above.

I apologize in advance if this looks like advertising; just trying to add a data point for those just starting out.

I spent 59.00 on a Master G-44

button1bg_top.jpg

Master Precision Detail Air Control Series

Airbrush Model G44

High Precision Detail Control

Dual-Action Gravity Feed Airbrush

(Provides Extreme Atomization and Air Control)

master_precision50h.jpg masg44.jpg

Then I bought 2 ps-900 there are awesome and their $38.00!!!:yay:

I bought one of these and it works GREAT! No I am not associated with the company.

:worship:

Well, sorry to say, this shows it's the ARTIST, not the AIRBRUSH that makes pretty baits. I know because I have very nice IWATA's and still paint ugly baits. I do think "more refined" airbrushes can help us bad painters learn and execute airbrush techniques a bit easier though.

I resemble that remark! :lol:

Even my Iwata can't help my painting skills. But it does help me get by. ;)

Well, sorry to say, this shows it's the ARTIST, not the AIRBRUSH that makes pretty baits. I know because I have very nice IWATA's and still paint ugly baits. I do think "more refined" airbrushes can help us bad painters learn and execute airbrush techniques a bit easier though.

Great Posts !

I am going to order the ps900 I think.

My question is since air brushes are new to me , I want to spray right off my garage compressor that has a regulator on it .

Would I also need to order a regulator from them with the moisture trap for water?

And what paint brands do you guys usually use!

Fantastic Web Site!

Thanks

Jack :yay:

I ordered mine last night, at that price I payed the extra $6.95 and had it sent priority. Now I'm hoping he has some left in stock. I was having some regret getting an Iwata Revelution(still blows the doors off my syphon feed) instead of an Eclipse, this should fill the gap nicley.:yay:

At what point do you guys explain to your wife that you just purchased another ab?:?

John

Buy her the AB for her birthday. Add a personal note, like, "I love you so much, I want to share my whole life with you, including my addictions".

Dave

PS. BIG box of chocs needed as a backup, incase of back fires.

PPS. If all goes well, save the chocs for Christmas.

Edited by Vodkaman