madbass

pearl and hi-lite powders

These are Hi-lights and Pearls for soft plastic. You can buy them from Del Wilcox or Lurecraft. I put 1-2 match head size amounts in the DC2T. This goes over the first application of paint. I have attached a crank I made back in the summer. It is pearl white with a grey back. It has been hammered and fished quite a bit so it looks rougher than it did day one. It is also very overcast here and the pic does not show the true effect of the pearl powder and the silver hi-lite on the back. It is in direct sunlight that it comes to life. The benefit to this application is that the hi-lite is suspended above the paint instead of mixed with it.

011.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

4056_thumb.attach

4057_thumb.attach

I recently bought some ghost pearl powder to use in my clear. It definitely needs to go over a dark color and you have to experiment to see what base color gives you what effect. I used red pearl over a black base and it give a very cool purple glow. With ghost pearl the effect is most evident in direct sunlight. The black bait looks black in dim light and glows purple in the sun. I've tried every way I can think of to get a picture but they just don't show the pearl.