seafoam

My first TW bait

Very impressive for your first go-round. Is this a walking bait or more along the lines of a popper? Is there weight inside your bait and if so, where.

This is just my opinion but I think no bait is complete until there are teeth marks along the side. I always try to get the fish sign off on a new design or color pattern. If they like it, then it's a good it's good enough for me.

Hopefully you'll find (as I have) there is something mystical about a hand made bait. Fish seem to gravitate to a hand crafted bait more than factory lures. Can't tell you why, just seems to be.

Very impressive for your first go-round. Is this a walking bait or more along the lines of a popper? Is there weight inside your bait and if so, where.

This is just my opinion but I think no bait is complete until there are teeth marks along the side. I always try to get the fish sign off on a new design or color pattern. If they like it, then it's a good it's good enough for me.

Hopefully you'll find (as I have) there is something mystical about a hand made bait. Fish seem to gravitate to a hand crafted bait more than factory lures. Can't tell you why, just seems to be.

Thanks Birdman,I stand corrected ,this is more of a walking or walk the dog bait.It has no weight in it but it does ride in the water just right,you cant see it in the pic but the under side is white.

I have yet to test it proper,but will in a week,then I can post a updated picture of the lure after I catch a few big rock fish....hopefully:yes:

I really hope to get more detailed with it later on,some of the work on here is unreel , if it doesn't catch fish its worthless to me.

Well I received a condescending Pm from PIKEASPIKE who promptly gave me a warning for posting a picture of my work,mind you this was my first post and I did not see anywhere it said you could not post pics of your work here.

If I was wrong ,ok thats fine,but do I deserve a warning ?and very stern PM?

Thing is, some people think becouse they own a lure makeing board there god or something.I'm all for rules but this was not handled properly and they should be sorry for that becouse I could have a lot to share with this board,and I know theres lots of talent on here I could have learned from.

Guess all that is left is to bow to board guru gods:worship::worship:Im not worthy.....see ya on the outher boards and there is plenty.

Thanks to all that made comments on my first lure,I do appreciate it.

@ seafoam

You have guts , man !

After having violated the forum rules you'd still come up with some kinda abusive language !

Probably you'd really better think about displaying your work elsewhere , since this is not a vanity playground :nono:!

diemai

Guts is what you don't have my friend,and I don't think you know what is even going on...so shut your pie hole!!!:boo:

Im out of here,before this topic is :lockit:

@ seafoam

You have guts , man !

After having violated the forum rules you'd still come up with some kinda abusive language !

Probably you'd really better think about displaying your work elsewhere , since this is not a vanity playground :nono:!

diemai

Seafoam, you have demonstrated a very immature attitude.

When you joined the forum, you were instructed to read the rules. You obviously didn't and deserved the dressing down from the forum administrator, who was merely doing his job.

This is a serious lure constructors forum and, as Diemai pointed out, not a

vanity playground
. Rule No3 is there for a reason, it keeps the forums clean and easier to navigate to the useful information that members are looking for. Rule No3 is fairly unique to TU and separates the wheat from the chaff amongst constructors forums. In my opinion, probably the best rule of the bunch.

I'm sure you will fit in well on any of the other forums that allow such behavior. However, if you plan to stay a member in the long term, you had better think twice before publishing such a childish reply.

Dave

@ seafoam

Don't know , whether you'd come to even read this again , but I just mean to advise you to think over your attitude concerning social behaviour .

I may sometimes not know , what is going on(in this case I'd really tend to keep my "pie hole" shut , as you have stated in your obviously common terminology) but I surely do know , that with your abusive language you have offended the serious members of this site in a certain way .

I won't add more to this !

diemai

I'm not looking for trouble here,I just came here to share my work and get comments good or bad,thats all..period.

Didn't realize what I did was all that bad that it issued a warning and a stern one at that.It was my first post.

Funny I have received a couple other pm's where other members were treated the same way.Maybe the mods might get more participation from people if they wernt so internet police happy ,or nicer about it...Thats all ,it is there board and they can do what they want,sorry for any trouble this or I have caused.....it was unintended.

Oh well, I would just like this thread deleted ,Please

Seafoam, if you got to the 'Gallery' and have a look, there is a 'comments' section next to every post, some get them, some don't.

If you have a problem, ask the question, and post the picture in 'Hard Bait's', best if you indicate the problem in the 'Title' block, so when searching for an answer to the same problem, members can find it in 12 months time.

I don't' think this has anything to do with owners, money or police, it is to do with space and the 'search' function - Spike (and others) do this, and I'm sure, a heap of other stuff on here, gratis. Hang in there.pete

Seafoam, if you got to the 'Gallery' and have a look, there is a 'comments' section next to every post, some get them, some don't.

If you have a problem, ask the question, and post the picture in 'Hard Bait's', best if you indicate the problem in the 'Title' block, so when searching for an answer to the same problem, members can find it in 12 months time.

I don't' think this has anything to do with owners, money or police, it is to do with space and the 'search' function - Spike (and others) do this, and I'm sure, a heap of other stuff on here, gratis. Hang in there.pete

Thanks for the advice and help Pete,I do appreciate it.

Roger

Foamy, no need for any of us to get testy. Spike was just doing his job as a TU moderator, which is to have lure pics displayed only in the TU Gallery unless they are being used to illustrate a point in a forum discussion about crankbait building. There are hundreds of folks sharing information here on TU. We all can benefit from the shared knowledge but there has to be some organization so guys can contribute info in a way that others can find. It just takes a little good will and willingness to work within the framework that TU has developed.