Jwags

Diving Lips for tiny crankbaits

8 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a supplier of diving lips for small crankbaits. So far the only one I've found is Stamina with a lip that measures 7/8" by 3/8". Does anyone know of another company that makes small diving lips?

Also, if anyone has tips on making my own, I'm open to suggestions and advise. The only material that I've found to make my own is 1/8" lexan which is way to thick. What else can I use?

The diving lips are for some 2" balsa minnows that I'm working on. They are through wire and resemble a Pin's Minnow. Very small!

thanks, :worship:

jeremy

1/32" thick circuit board is my choice. You can buy sheets from mcmaster.com (yellow) or asp-rocketry.com (white). Draw the lip shape on the sheet, rough cut it with metal snips and finish it off with a Dremel sanding drum.

This bait excluding the lip is 5/8" long with a circuit board lip but I also use some .040 Lexan. I make in mine very similar to BobP except I usually stack and shape about 4-6 at a time.

Jann's netcraft has some small circut board lips that should work for a shallow running bait.

Ditto to Bob P and Benton. If it is close to one of the Pre Cut Janns I will just sand it into shape, but all my deep divers in micarta I have to snip out and then sand. I use medical scissors then get the Dremel out. Just make sure you wear a mask.

You can look for Sicovinyl often used for faceshields

any woodworking company should carry those.

Easy to bend with pliars or vices

See also bike, safety, fire fighting, or ski goggles, replacement lenses, about 1mm , and you can cut it with scissors.pete