boomah21

Tater

Man. for once even I dont know what to say..... MARK IT DOWN!!!

at 2:11am The Rookie was speechless.... Ok that lasted about 3 seconds...

Never expected a write up on tackle tour. My buddy called me last week and said get me some baits.. If I can sell some at the show I will get your product in Fishermans warehouse out west.. As far as my foot being in the door... I guess that's great... My biggest problem has always been trying to keep it out of my mouth. :teef:

My dreams will always been sky high.. and I know I go overboard from time to time...but, my roots will always be grounded to tackle making in a garage! Testing in a cattle drinkin tank and using a squirrel roaster to heat set my baits.

Each of you shared a part in the success I have had in with my work. Words can never repay all that helped me out. But if you like I have a special GIFT FOR EACH AND EVERYONE!!!!

" A FREE CAN OF SPAM!!!!:spam:!

Yes that's right... just send me your address and I will ship you out a can of spam. It will come in handy for those late nights in the shop. Maybe you hear a knock at the door at 3am.. OH MY!!! Miss America has a flat tire in front of your shop and she is her too (AS SINBAD USE TO SAY).. PARRRRTAAAY!!!.. no time for PB&J.. you can open SPAM in a JIFFY! no pun intended! Never under estimate the power of the spam can!!! Just send Dean McClain a PM! HE LOVES GETTING EMAIL!!. He is handling all the shipping requests." THANKS!!!!!

The Rookie

Edited by The_Rookie

Rookie - Congratulations, and good on you.

Not too sure what this 'Tour' thing is all about, does this mean you will be travelling a lot?? If so drop in, I live in Canberra - Australia, and I can show you some of my secret little projects in the shed, better start cleaning it up.pete

Nicely done Rookie!

I haven't posted anything here since the 4th of July, but I think this warrant's a few lines. Congratulation's and wishes for continued success in your business. It sure look's like all those late night/early morning painting session's have paid off! Your innovative shaped and carved lures ,coupled with those painstaking paint job's ,produce a lure that I'm sure many angler's will consider a, "Must Have". Go Get em Rookie!!!

Douglas

Tater Hog, I don't know you but I admire your works and paint jobs, I also appreciate what you have shared here on TU with all of us including your humor and candid comments. You are an inspiration to all of the wanna-bes myself included. You have proved that hard work and dedication to your craft will take you where you want to go. Congratulations you deserve it.

John Blazier

Nice work! I guess this means the reserve will be going up on ebay;)? I guess spinach to popeye is like :spam: to the rookie! I will say, most cases I can figure out how paint is thrown down. Not with your baits, the cyan coloration on your sunfish is just sick! Many a nights of :sauced: I have spent trying to figure that one out. So congrats for making it to the big time! By the way, your advice that you messaged me a couple weeks back saved me a chunk of time and some cash... which went toward a case of pbr!

Rookie,

Congratulations. Out west here Tackle Tour is the bible when it comes to tackle reviews. Be ready to be busy!!!!!

Your ears must be burning. I was fishing Castaic yesterday, and pulled up on another boat throwing swim baits. Turns out it was two guys I knew who fish the AC Castaic circut.

The taller one, Eddie the Costco chef, was throwing a homemade swimbait he said you helped him with. It was beautiful.

You did a good deed there, and this publicity is the karma for it.

WGT!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Rookie -- Now its time to change your name to "Lure Professor " Jr - What do you think Dean ?- Ha hee Ha Hee ..

Expect to see you now in the Bassmaster and FLW Magazine Rookie .. Supply and Demand now buddy .. Time to Burn a lot of the midnight oil ... And then on the Outdoor Channel fishing with the Professionals ... All Kidding aside .. Great Job Buddy you deserve it ....As Dino said-- Remember us Buddy ....

Once Again CONGRATULATIONS Rookie:)

Boone