BassMadness

How to splatter paint

Im trying to splatter paint (get the speckled effect).I cant find any threads on here about this. Went through about 10 pages of threads looking. If anyone can give me some pointers on this that would be great. Im not sure thats what the technuiqe is called but its the best I can describe it.

Thanks in advance

WES

Edited by BassMadness

Back in school art lessons we have made some paintings with watercolors by putting dried leaves on a paper sheet as templates , then taking old tooth brushes full with paint rubbing it over a framed wire mesh(maybe 1/4" mesh), holding it a few inches above the paper sheet.

Multiple passes with different colors and leave positions on the sheet made up for a nice visual effect .

The distance and angle to the paper and the intensity of the rubbing alters the size and amount of released paintdrops , I guess .

If my memory serves me right(was 35 years ago) , it was quite messy , lots of paint came to drip next to the paper sheet , not just on it:) !

Just an idea...........:huh::) !

good luck:yay: , diemai

The stipple effect can also be done by reducing your air pressure all the way and then rocking your airbrush trigger back and forth while pressed down and slowly increasing the air pressure on your compressor.

You can buy separate micro air control valves that attach right to the airbrush that will let you dial the air pressure just right to get the tiny stippling.

A more advanced method is to grab your air hose and loop it to cut off all the air. Then slowly start to release the kink to the point where there's just enough air flow to get the paint to spit out causing stippling. Using this method you can also immediately vary the size of the stippling by chocking or opening up the kinked hose with one had while rocking the airbrush trigger as mentioned above.

I do something similar to Snax... I use an airbrush with the control valve built in (airbrushcity GD 100). I open it up all the way and reduse the air pressure on the compressor to less than 10 psi. I then pull the trigger fast repeatedly to get the airbrush to "spit" the paint.... It works well but will wear out your index finger if you have a bunch to do........ Hope this helps.......... :)

I need more practice with the toothbrush..... I stippled myself the last time I tried it........ :huh:

Sachse%20Splatterback%201.jpg