gunnie3035

Painting mistakes

When you guys paint, do you always have one side that looks better "to you" than the other? The longer you look at it the worse it gets.... Should you try to fix it or leave well enough alone and peddle it for more bait money??

Yep! I know exactly what you mean. My rule is that if I notice it right away, it gets repainted. If I have to look at it twice, rotate the bait, flip it upside down, to see it (by then I'm really annoyed), but it ships. LOL

Quite funny , on a German site there was also a discussion on the same topic just about one or two weeks ago !

Most opinions in there were also saying , that this really depends on whether the lure painter is a left ,-or right handed person , resulting into which side of the lure would turn out better .

greetz:yay: , diemai

this is a little of subject, but I can relate it to this problem. It makes me think, every power tool out their has a laser guide on them these days for very similar reasons. I sometimes wish my airbrush had one, especially for doing small detail w/out stencils.

I happens to me, too. I hold my lures in my left hand and paint them with my right. When I first noticed it, I looked at the brush, and I was holding it kind of at an angle to the lure, not at right angles. I try to watch it as I paint, but it still happens.

If it's enough to annoy me, I repaint it.

It typically happens after I've scaled the lure, and I'm doing the back and shoulders. That's one reason I spray the lures with pastel fixative after they're scaled, so I can wash off my screwups and only have to redo the back and shoulders. :teef: