dlaery

Teflon rod

This is a long shot, but I am looking for some Teflon (PTFE) rod, .080 diameter. I have .070. I have tried Small Parts, they are out of stock and not sure if they can get it. McMaster Carr dosen't have any. I was wondering if someone had some they would like to sell or if you know where to get some. I am searching the web and making phone calls and havn't found any yet.

Thanks,

David,

Here are a couple of places that you may try:

CS Hyde Company, IL, USA: PTFE Beading (aka PTFE Minature Cord); small diameter from .028" to .150"

and,

Teflon - PTFE Rod

Neither one show that size, but do have some close. Also you can call to see if they have in stock. IND Plastic has some very low prices for this stuff, but require a minimum of $20 order. I need some as well, so when you go to order and need a little more on your order, call me. Plus they take PayPal.

George

Thanks George, I am ordering some from CS Hyde, I'm getting the .078. It Is cheaper than .070 I bought last time. They don't have minimum. I getting the .078 to make the hole a little bigger so the Y guards will be easier to glue in.

Pete, I make some jigs that have a "Y" guard for a weed guard. I cut the Teflon in short pieces and lay them in the mold to make a hole in the lead, to glue the weed guard in later, after powder painting. The Teflon will take the heat with no problem. After casting the lead, I pull out the teflon rods to be used in the next cast. I make a lot of unpainted crappied jigs with the same size weed guard, but when I cast those, I just cast the weed guard in the lead, don't have to paint.

Hi Pete,

Dave hit the nail on the head. These rods are used widely in spin casting, and are near indestructable. I also use them when powder painting the same jigs I spin cast. Heat the head, insert the pin, dip in powder, remove the pin and you are done - one clean hole :yes: no drilling or messing with it anymore.

How's things doing Down Under in Oz? Summer is pretty hot I bet.

George

George/Dave- things are not bad here (yet) compared to some places, it's a real worry with this economic crap they have set us up with. Weather has been pretty mild for this time of year (90-100 deg), I must say I don't like it much, too much sunburn when I go fishing. I am taking some leave soon (about 3 months), just waiting for the school kids to go back so there is some space on the lakes to do a bit of fishing.

I was looking forward to returning to the Clinton meet this year, and catching up, but everything is up in the air as far as cash goes, but I am planning to be there next year if things level out a bit. Hope you all enjoy yourselves there, have a beer for Phil and I, gee it's still 4 months away, and there is still time for me to change my mind ????????? !!!pete