#21 diemai

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

@ JBlaze

This looks pretty cool :yes::yes:!

As it seems to me , one don't have to paint over it too much(only for smooth transitions of back and belly) , it surely looks good like this:yes: !

Certainly those round holographic pieces would also add flash to a lure , so I would not neccessarely try to remove them , at least not on all lures plated that way , even though it might not exactly resemble a living fish:wink: .

And a few topcoats would surely achieve a smooth surface on the lures .

Guess , that you have opened a new field for experiments with that clothing stuff;) !

good luck with it:yay: , diemai

#22 Palmetto boy

Palmetto boy

• TU Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

I use scales i bought from netcraft on my baits. Works pretty good just not enough varieties of shapes and sizes. Im going to try the netting that a big bag of onions has wrapped around it. looks like it would work pretty good.

#23 Pikopath

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Found this mesh stretched across the top of a box of small specialty oranges in the produce department. Its a little different pattern than I have seen before also the plastic netting material between the holes is a little wider and or thicker. not sure what it will look like, the man cave is much to cold to venture into.

I also use some redplastic netting that are stretched over orangeboxes, and its very similar to the one you posted. Another cool thing is that each box has some differences in the scale.
Posted Image
Here it is on an 8" bait.

#24 JBlaze

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

Michael, that looks good. I havn't tried it yet due to the cold weather here in East Tn. I have an uninsulated and unheated garage. I think those slightly rounded scales look a little more realistic than the mesh that I have been using. Hope you post another pic when you are finished with it.
Thanks John