bdomina

crank blank ? also starter paint kits ?

do the crank bodies you buy from janns or from stamina come epoxied together already? if not what do you use to glue the bodies togehter ? has anyone tried ordering with them lately? have heard things about merch stock.

Also what would be some good paints to start out with for airbrushing these plastic bodies w. I was thinking I wanted to try a ghost shad or a green gizzard, also a bluegill pattern. some chartr. too

thanks,

Andy

Edited by bdomina

The Jann's bodies I buy are pre-glued. The baits that come 5 to a pack will need to be cleaned up a bit (removing the excess glue from the seems), but the japanese-style baits that come 2 to a pack are pre-sanded. I have been using createx paints and Dick Nite's on the ones I have bought and haven't had any problems. I have a few posted in the gallery if you want to check them out.

Thanks for the compliment. If I order before noon or so, I usually have my order the next day, but I only live @ 1 hour from them.

Well....I live in East TN and I think that it will take a little longer! The sound pretty quick though, I cant wait! how do the baits compare to the ones they are modeled after? Are they cheaply made? Right now i am sanding bandits down and that is getting old and expensive!

Well....I live in East TN and I think that it will take a little longer! The sound pretty quick though, I cant wait! how do the baits compare to the ones they are modeled after? Are they cheaply made? Right now i am sanding bandits down and that is getting old and expensive!

I bought all of the jann's blanks nov/dec of last year, so I haven't had any personal experience with them yet. I did compare the FS with the OSP bait at a recent show, and they are almost identical on the outside, with the only exception being a steeper lip angle coming off of the FS. Internally, they are completely different, with the OSP having a honeycomb construction and a completely different weight transfer system. Hopefully we'll have some soft water around here in the next 3 months or so and I can give them a try.