crash8005

Airbrush trouble

Looking for some help. I just purchased a Iwata Eclipse from a guy that used it a couple of times and put it on the shelf. This is my first double action brush as my other is a Paash H series single action. I used the Iwata a couple of nights ago and it worked flawlessly but last night before I got started I checked the gun to to make sure that the needle was moving properly and it was sticking in the open position and not closing quickly. I cleaned it well after painting the other night I I know that it is not sticking from paint. Does it need to be lubed?

It doesn't hurt to lube the moving parts including the needle but you shouldn't have the problem anyway. I assume you replaced the coil spring in the back of the airbrush? Did you screw down its cover all the way into the body of the brush until tight? If you did and the needle does not move smoothly back and forth when you pull the trigger, you have a clog or the needle is bent. It should slide freely. Disassemble the brush (including the nozzle) and soak the parts in solvent or airbrush cleaning solution overnight, then run the needle backward through its channel to dislodge any old paint. A very small airbrush cleaning brush comes in handy for this if you have one.

Do you happen to know if the airbrush have solvent proof o rings inside and was it cleaned with or sprayed through with solvents or solvent paints?

For sure though it will be needing Medea airbrush lube on the trigger and possibly on the tiny pin that the trigger moves when you push down on the trigger. That and run a little down the length of the needle with your finger tips before carefully seating it back into the airbrush.

If the trigger doesn't seem to go back far enough when you pull back on it make sure that your handle isn't to tight as this limits the trigger throw.I believe you should have a small adjuster for the pre set handle.

I've had this problem when my Iwata gets paint residue in the trigger mechanism.

Take it apart (be sure to make note of all the parts and how they're assembled) soak it and clean it. Then reassemble.

I think you might be on the mark here. I could not figure out how to get the needle out and didn't realize that the paint could actually have contact with the trigger. I need to check that.

There is a small nut on the rear of the needle called the needle chucking nut. Remove it and then pull the needle out of the back of the airbrush being careful not to bend it. If it seems hard to pull out or is stuck, soak the airbrush in the appropriate cleaner for the paints you use for a while to loosen it up. The needle should slide out easily when the airbrush is properly maintained.

Anytime my airbrush starts "acting up" in any fashion, such as splattering or the spray pattern isn't coming straight out of the nozzle (off to one side). It usually just needs a gooood cleaning, then it does just fine for about a month, then have to repeat. Just part of it!

I did however buy a new badger that had a bad trigger assembly (the air button would stick) I cleaned and cleaned, finally contacted Badger and they sent me a new one at no charge!

Scott

Probably dried paint in the seal between the paint chamber area and the trigger mechanish. I use the little round in between teeth brushes to clean this area. Disassemble the gun and if you get the brushes with the skinnier handles they'll reach the seal from the back of the gun. If you're using Createx, once it dries it's easier to clean with acetone than water. Just keep dipping the brush and spinning it inside that seal until no paint comes out on the brush and you should be good. But still take the trigger mechanism out to see if there's paint on it.

Use acetone, not lacquer thinner. Lacquer thinner will make the createx all gummy and sticky, acetone will clean it out.

Hi

Snax made a good comment about the solvent resistant O ring, worth checking if you use solvents or are intending to. A good clean usually does the trick and dont be scared to strip down the airbrush, sometimes it is the only way. Be carefull what you lubricate with and get a proper airbrush lubricant otherwise you can have trouble with adverse reactions with the paint you are using. If you dont have the instructions for your brush here is a link to the schematic.

http://www.tatstore.com/docs/guide_eclipse.pdf

Thanks to all of you! I completely disassembled the brush last night and there was paint stuck to the needle in front of the trigger that was causing it to stick. I feel like a boob because I should have known to take it apart during the first cleaning. She is good to go now! I am finding out that the guy that owned it before me did now know how to clean it very well.

I only use water based paints and airbrush cleaning solvent. If I have this situation happen again can I disassemble the brush and completely submerge all of the parts in cleaning solvent?

Thanks for helping a rookie out!

Thanks to all of you! I completely disassembled the brush last night and there was paint stuck to the needle in front of the trigger that was causing it to stick. I feel like a boob because I should have known to take it apart during the first cleaning. She is good to go now! I am finding out that the guy that owned it before me did now know how to clean it very well.

I only use water based paints and airbrush cleaning solvent. If I have this situation happen again can I disassemble the brush and completely submerge all of the parts in cleaning solvent?

Thanks for helping a rookie out!

Actually, I know how to clean airbrushes just fine. I got that HP-C along with my HP-B from a friend. I checked to make sure it shot fine before I posted it for sale and it did. I ran some windex through the brush a couple times and put it back in the box. Whatever was in the airbrush was probably from the person I bought it from- I stated in the ad "This brush could use a good cleaning!". I completely break my airbrush down every night and soak it in a cleaner until I'm ready to use it the next day. Please let me know if you have anymore questions about the brush and I'd be happy to assist you.

-Jordan

Actually, I know how to clean airbrushes just fine. I got that HP-C along with my HP-B from a friend. I checked to make sure it shot fine before I posted it for sale and it did. I ran some windex through the brush a couple times and put it back in the box. Whatever was in the airbrush was probably from the person I bought it from- I stated in the ad "This brush could use a good cleaning!". I completely break my airbrush down every night and soak it in a cleaner until I'm ready to use it the next day. Please let me know if you have anymore questions about the brush and I'd be happy to assist you.

-Jordan

Easy Killer! I didn't buy this airbrush from you! I don't even know who you are!