woodieb8

luhr jensen fingerling

Woodie, Jim Flemming is a Muskie Charter Captain out of the Thames River area. He knows quite a bit on the Fingerlings. I have contact information for him if you want to pm me. I have a few and I think they are hard plastic like most regular plastic cranks. I remember Jim telling me a company sold the molds to Luhr Jehnsen or that Luhr Jenhsen sold the molds to another company before they quite making them so there could be some different generations.

@ woodieb8

If this could be of any help :

Some years ago I have repainted an approx. 6" deep diving "Fingerling" , scraped and sanded off all of the original pattern(or what was left of it:lol:) , the plastic underneath did not seem to be hollow and made of two halves , but solid , it had a kind of ivory color .

greetz:yay: , diemai

The fingerling series was first marketed by Crankbait Corp and designed by Tom Seward for the Ohio firm. Later after changing hands a couple times before Luhr Jensen bought up and actually moved Tom too.

I would believe that LJ still owns the molds to the entire fingerling series and one occasionally still sees some of those LJ baits in the bargain bins now and then.

The baits were solid and molded of some type of dense foam or plastic material. Much like their "sister" baits the Lazy Ike Natural series of the 70's of the same designer.

I had quite a number of the original Crankbait Corp baits, many new in packages, but sold them all out on Ebay some time ago... I guess they are rather collectable to some...