SHOWMEBASSIN

Crawfish Pattern Help

That looks like it might be a combination of pad printing and stencil work with some final custom work.

I too like using polypropelene (milk carton) but unless it conforms tight to the body, don't you get blurring with your airbrush?

To resolve this, I've found a way to conform the plastic into left and right halves riveted together with a large butterfly clip. It doesn't scratch undercoats like tempered brass stencils and conforms tight to the body. I've left a few steps out but would be happy to share this with anyone.

I guess blurring is less a problem with flat sided baits but a hairdryer can only heat the polyethelene so much. To do it right, more heat is needed.

Also I've found holding the stencil can create a smear when pulling it away from the bait.

This method aleviates all those problems. Heat is involved but it has to be applied evenly, simulateously and to the point the plastic milk carton becomes almost clear then pressed into a mold with both positive and negative characteristics. It's so easy it's stupid.

Any help on loading pictures will be both appreciated and speed up the thread. In the meantime, start saving up your milk cartons. Like a raccoon, I've become a fixture in my neighbor's recycle.