seafoam

Makeing eyes

Was wondering if anyone here has thought about,or made eyes for there lures?Im not talking about painting them but using epoxy and other materials.

I have a couple ideas running around in my head,probably not necessary becouse there are some really nice unique eyes available on the net,but would be more from a prospective of being differnt or creative.Id imagine one could make some type of form from where the eyes could be removed after curing then placed on the lure.

Have any of you guys done this?

Was wondering if anyone here has thought about,or made eyes for there lures?Im not talking about painting them but using epoxy and other materials.

I have a couple ideas running around in my head,probably not necessary becouse there are some really nice unique eyes available on the net,but would be more from a prospective of being differnt or creative.Id imagine one could make some type of form from where the eyes could be removed after curing then placed on the lure.

Have any of you guys done this?

I made a few silicone molds of "half round" I got at the craft store. I use Urethane Resin that I use to cast my lures for the eyes. They're painted with the Brides nail polish. Whenever I cast plug bodies, I take out the eye molds and use them if there is any extra resin after I cast the bodies. Waste not, want not! So far, so good.

DSCF0006-5.jpg

DSCF0002-1-1.jpg

DSCF0007-2.jpg

DSCF0002-12.jpg

Edited by Husky

I just used a regular hole punch 1/4". I don't know if you can get various sizes of hole punch. Seems to me I've seen leather working tools that cut circles. They look like nail sets and they come in various diameters.

The " nail thing" works very well. Just make sure it's a finish nail and use the head; get various sizes of finish nails. Also works good to apply the epoxy. Make sure he epoxy is thinned and use a larger finish nail to apply it.

You have to make sure the punched out foil is held down and perfectly level to get the best results.(painters tape) Work slowly so as not to get air bubbles in the epoxy as you apply it. After you apply the epoxy do not touch or move the eyes till they dry.

www.novalures.com

Edited by nova

I have just finished to read this thread, very interesting but to complicated, why dont you guy's try this: after finishing the body and applying the white base coat drill a hole exactly the diamter that you want the eye to have, finish the painting, and after that just come back with a wire or a nail, dipp it on withe paint(or what color you want the eye to have) a littel permanent marker (or a dot of black paint). After it is dry put a drop of epoxy and voila....you have the eye:teef: After that just clear coat the lure and you are all done

I promise to come back with photos