parrothead127

Antique lure parts?

Has anyone found a source for lure parts that are found on older antique lures? I am especially looking for prop blades and bearings for reproduction of older lures. I have seen everything Jann's and Hagan's and Stamina offer, and while the new parts they offer work good, I am looking for the correct "period" parts. I have searched till I'm blue in the fingers with no luck. And they are probably not available any longer, but thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Scott

Most guys I know who strive for authenticity in the period pieces buy up old antiques below the condition most collectors will purchase. It's a shame to raid these pieces of Americana but there really are not that many sources.

There use to be several collectors who sold old hardware found in forgotten warehouse but I haven't heard from then in years. Try Home Page or Ebay.

Finding old hardware in quantity and at a reasonable price is going to be a difficult task.

You could post at joe yates board many life long collectors read that board. There are 2 individuals that have old glass eyes in bulk, but at $3.00a pair, rather expensive.

There is a company in Springfield, MO. - Little Sac Bait Co. The make old style lures in addition to the new Winchester baits. They have the machines to stamp the old style props with tyhe long bearings. They might sell you some. This is just a guess though.

There are some Japanese companies that sell some old style hardware, but again, expensive!

In any event. Good luck

Edited by KcDano