pikeman

Lure stamp

16 posts in this topic

There was a thread some time ago about putting your signature on the lures, I was thinking to make a stamp by simply using a pen on some balsa wood, write the signature ( apply some pressure on the ball-point pen to enter into the wood ) , use some laquer to protect it and after that pour some RTV to create a stamp. Someone tried this before?

lol I was trying to figure out how to make something like that.......My signature looks different every time. That idea never dawned on me. You could also try one of the pointed carving bits in a dremel.

eh, no need to carve the wood, balsa is so soft you can actually model it just by squeezing it between your fingers , but if you want a solid base you can use the carving bit , I'll try to put the signature onto some really small baits ( 1-1/2" )

That sounds like a great idea.

You can take the idea further by using clay or something similar, as a better base for the signature, by its ability to take a deeper and more controlable depression.

Dave

Go to a printer or look on the net and you will find

they can make you a rubber stamp of your signature.

They can make it about as small as you want. Use India

ink in any color to stamp your name on your lure. Even

rolls around curved surfaces.

Devcon 2T will not smear the ink.

@ pikeman

Back in school art lessons , more than 30 years ago , we have made prints by carving the negative into artificial floor sheets made of something called "linoleum" .

We were carving it with ordinary wood whittling chisels .

But I guess , that would be a very finacky work to make a stamp for such a small thing like the signature on a lure , also you could only use it on plane surfaces , not too curved ones .

good luck :yay:, diemai

Try my old favourite, bees wax - get a ball piont pen and write your name in it, then pour a positive out of silicone whatever.pete

Try my old favourite, bees wax - get a ball piont pen and write your name in it, then pour a positive out of silicone whatever.pete

tried the wood and this morning got the result, it was partially ok since I've poured a very thin layer of silicone, that made me thinking , bees wax and soap were my alternatives :)

Yeah, soap would be good too, just make sure you wash the fat off the stamp, or for that matter the wax as well. Will the ink take to the silicone stamp though ??pete

You can also get stickers made with your sig.on clear backing.Kinda like those stickers you use to get with models,I know a guy who does this and once the clear coat is on you don't know its a sticker and it does not run..

Yeah, soap would be good too, just make sure you wash the fat off the stamp, or for that matter the wax as well. Will the ink take to the silicone stamp though ??pete

hm, tricky question, I've only used an universal fluorescent marker ( not permanent , it is washable) just rubbed it on the stamp and tested on a piece of paper , my guess is that it will work with stamping ink too. I use RTV for 2 part mold ( not so elastic as mold max 30 from smooth-on)

Pete, you da man. I wouldnt have thought of that. I would have made a complicated solution for this problem. :lol:

Just thinking out loud...what about signing on a piece of scotch tape then sticking to lure and covering?

:lol: than why not signing directly on the lure with a permanent marker (devcon won't ruin it) , the stamp was for applying the same signature fast on a bunch of lures

Because it is much easier (it would be for me anyway) to put a piece of tape on a flat work surface and get the same signature everytime than it it would be to try and sign a small bait in the palm of my hand with curves. Just my .02:roll: