now thats a fish

flashabou: tie or collar

Hi, Like TJP said, you can use a zip tie and it seems to hold up just fine. I personally have built baits with both, zip tie and thread. The zip tie is much faster and easier, but lacking good looks.IMO. The thread is a much cleaner look and holds up just as good. Thread tying on the other hand is a little harder to do.IMO. I use a size "E" thread for mine. Good luck:)

Eric,

Check this thread

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/wire-baits/15135-flashabou.html

I didn't order from flytyersdungeon.com myself ( I'm planning to order some), but the prices are really atractive.

Fly Tying Materials | Fly Tying Recipes | Fly Tying Supplies | Fly Tyers Dungeon | Fly Tying Supplies | Saltwater Fly Tying Materials

Hope it helps.

Regards, PSV

Hey Eric,

I use kevlar to tie flash and after double clear coat it with nail polish with neilon ( Sally Hansen brand).

I use flash from Hedron Inc. It's good, but kind of expensive. I ordered some flash from MadScientist yesterday. I want to try it.

Regards, PSV

Eric,

It was very simple to order. As far as you add stuff to your card, you will be redirected to PayPal site with 2 options:continue shopping or checkout.

As simple as this.

I ordered one of each kind of flash. Mad Scientist has really good color selection. Black/Yellow Widow Flash looks really sexy on a picture.

I'll let you know as far as I'll receive it.

Regards, PSV

Edited by psv

I still think the answer to the original question is how much/often do you fish and hook up?

• If you don't go fishing that often, you are probably better off tying your flashabou or bucktails on.
  • If you hit the water fairly often or hook up with a good number pike and musky, the materials will need to be replaced more often and a skirt band and skirt allow a quick change on the water.
  • If the material is going to folded, either a wire tie or skirt band works well.

There are several different thoughts on this topic; they all work... It's more a matter of filling your likes and dislikes.