KandyBass

Walmart quit selling D2T?

Last spring I was in an Auto Zone to get some oil and noticed they carried a lot of different adhesives. They had some 5min D2T but no 30 min. Right next to the D2T was Permatex 30min epoxy. I noticed the tubes and instructions looked very much like the Devcon. I pulled both off the board and looked over the packaging carefully and they looked identical except for the printed cardboard. So I bought the Permatex to try out. I works just like Devcon and I fished with the baits I made all spring and summer with no problems. I pulled them out today and they look like new. I suspect a lot of the epoxies out there are the same. I still buy Devcon if available but don't hesitate to buy other brands in a pinch. Lot's of places on-line sell D2T if you aren't in a rush.

Hey bob. They are both made by the same company so the products should be very similar. The issue with WalMart not selling it isn't that it's not available, it's not available for the prices that Walmart was charging. Essentially it went from $2 for 25 mL to $4.95 at the local harware store. Luckily HF carries it for $2.50 and they are much easier to work with than the WalMart staff :lol: They will even check their quantities for you over the phone.

Wal-mart US Headquarters is cutting 700 jobs and as I understand it, they only plan to pay their suppliers once every 90 days. They basically changed the 30 day posting to 90 days to save money and they're big enough to say if you don't like it, we'll replace your stuff for someone who does.

I wonder if that played a role in D2T being dropped?:popcorn:

Wal-mart US Headquarters is cutting 700 jobs and as I understand it, they only plan to pay their suppliers once every 90 days.

I go to U of Arkansas and Walmart was at the career fair recruiting the same day they laid off 700-800 people just down the road. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left is doing...:boo:

I've found that the resin is the more clear of the two, but, on a new package, the hardner usually hasn't started to yellow yet, so that method isn't fool proof.

It's much safer to take they syringe apart, and soak both halves in denatured alcohol.

Disassembe, wipe both pieces down, and reassemble.

Then reassemble, and pump fresh alcohol in and out of the syringe a few times.

Last, label the syringe so you'll know which is which for next time.

The whole process should take you 5 minutes, and you won't have to worry if you got it right.