KandyBass

Walmart quit selling D2T?

I went their today and bought the last 5 they had at $2.00 each. I didnt think about it until I read this post, this was the only Devcon product they had left. My local hardware store has it for $5.95 a tube. I wish I could find it in a larger container locally. I dont use it for clear coating, just screw eyes and lips so I should be good for a while. if anyone knows where to buy it in 9oz containers please post the link.

Thanks, John

I have all but stopped shopping at Wal Mart ( I call it China Mart ). They are too big, NO ONE has any clue about what is going on inside the doors! They have put too many independent stores out of business and are going to be one of the demises of this country. Support your local retailers when you can, they are the heart of the (not free anymore) American economy.

There are other brands of epoxy..

Actually the best epoxy brand I ever used was call BOB SMITH epoxy! 20 min cure.. Not saying its the best clear to use because I rarely use epoxy now to clear my baits.. just on the ones I give to Dean to tick him off!!!! but when i did I loved Bob Smith.. just saying as epoxy goes or if your a epoxy guy you should try Bob Smith.. it goes on very thin... you actually have 20 mins to use it before it hardens up.. I find it at a local Retailer that is only open on Tuesday thur Friday...Model RC Cars Airplanes etc.. He has 60 min cure too.. but I liked the 20..it last way longer in the cup than 30 min Devcon... BOB SMITHS 20 min is really 20 mins!!! Devcon lasts about as long as I do!!!!:D

The Rookie

Thanks for the post! I asked one wallymart manager if he knew what the issue was. He told me it was "out of season." There you go! can you get any better information? I ran around to 3 different stores and found a few pkg.'s. The local hdwe stores are selling it for $3.00! I tried web sites, it looked like all high prices and hazardous shipping restrictions(?).

If someone finds "several", please send them to me.:(?

There's someone in the store responsible for managing inventory in the paint dept. You need to ask them. They can order it for you if Walmart still stocks the brand.

good luck!! tried that:angry:, talked with the store " asst. mgr." about ordering some. took my order and assured me they would call when it arrived:whistle:. asked at the customer service counter about ordering some, " we don't do special orders":nono:.

you wonder how much more succesful they could be if the right hand knew what the left hand was doing!

I've been spending the extra $$ and buying at my local hardware store. Costs me an extra $1.50 a pack, but its much better/fresher stuff. The ones at my local Wal-Mart are already VERY yellow in the syringe and end up wrecking any baits with light colored (especially pearl) paints by yellowing the clear coat. The ones from Wal-Mart also seem to mix up thicker and not go on as easy.

There are other brands of epoxy..

Actually the best epoxy brand I ever used was call BOB SMITH epoxy! 20 min cure.. Not saying its the best clear to use because I rarely use epoxy now to clear my baits.. just on the ones I give to Dean to tick him off!!!! but when i did I loved Bob Smith.. just saying as epoxy goes or if your a epoxy guy you should try Bob Smith.. it goes on very thin... you actually have 20 mins to use it before it hardens up.. I find it at a local Retailer that is only open on Tuesday thur Friday...Model RC Cars Airplanes etc.. He has 60 min cure too.. but I liked the 20..it last way longer in the cup than 30 min Devcon... BOB SMITHS 20 min is really 20 mins!!! Devcon lasts about as long as I do!!!!:D

Ah me, yes I have heard about how long you last.......OOPS, I wasn't supposed to mention that, sorry.........just forget I said that. :P

Yep, the Wally-Worlds around here have little or no Devcon products on their shelves. Was at W-W about an hour ago and was going to pick up a couple more tubes, no dice. What you gonna do?

David