strictly esox

keeping paint

I did a search and dint come up with any answeres. I use Apple barrel paints and thin with Windex. Has anyone tried mixing a larger batch and save it? Does it keep if you mix it up well a few weeks later? I was thinking of mixing batch in a film container thinned down to save time in the near future but was wodering if someone already went down this road with bad results. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

John:?

I do know i use the windex to thin my createx paint when painting,it contains amonia and water,coloring,I have never used it to thin and store,The only difference between windex and water is the amonia,not sure if amonia is a long term paint thinner,should not be any different than water,if anything the amonia would evaporate quicker than water,thats why it works so well when you ues it to clean or thin your paints.

When I've stored the left overs from a batch of paint I mixed and thinned with Windex, the paint seemed to separate and had to be remixed when I went to use it again. No matter what colors involved, there always seems to be a redish brown color that comes to the top after it sits for a while.

But the paint is fine after remixing.