clemmy

Owner Hooks?

Initially all our baits had Owner hooks but as production increased, cost saving became an issue and we went first to Tru Turn then Matzuo. A great hook, made with exceptional wire and worth every penny.

You may have to gang up with a few other members of TU to purchase in bulk. Call Owner ((714) 668-9011) and ask to speak with Kat or Dennis. Can't hurt to ask.

Good Luck

Jameso321,

Matzuo hooks are far more reasonably priced and although their hooks are also chemically sharped (like Owner) the quality is not the same. Wire tinsel strength, design etc vary tremendously.

Believe it or not, hooks are a large precentage of the cost of a bait's production and that's why you see so many quality baits with crappy hooks. But to the vast majority of fishermen, if you bait carries a Gammy or Owner, it speaks volumes about the overall quality and class of bait produced. Another problem faced by a producer is many fishermen will change out the hooks anyway so why bother putting an expensive hook on a bait when it may (or may not) be discarded.

But I digress......

Yeah I spoke to them. The 2/0 saltwater hooks that I am looking for are 70 cents each in orders of 250 minimum.

I am currently using VMC 9626PS which are the community favorite and are 21 cents each. I would love to get my hands on some of the owners because they look wicked; do some testing, this and that. I am still looking for the VMC's in orders or 1000 though to hopefully get the price down a bit more.

https://www.ownerhooks.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=40&osCsid=ece6afe2e827a63372f17a885a5497e4

thanks guys

Edited by jameso321